Score prediction winners re ECU - Hail to the Victors | The Boneyard

Score prediction winners re ECU - Hail to the Victors

Reaction Score
First off, welcome back to CT Transplant - knew you were going and hope all went well. You and your data were missed.

Next, congrats on a second consecutive immense performance by our prescient prognosticators. As HOOPS HOPPY points out, HUSKY FANATIC and CHONG MASTER both nailed the exact MOV, with HF winning tonight by use of the exact-score prediction tie breaker. Then, at the next tier just a single point off the winning MOV were: OLD DUDE, TOMCAT, TITLE TOWN, OZIMOTO, TONYC, BIG BIRD, and a newcomer to the hot shot circle, SLUG 25 .

Next tier down at only two points off the win were JDUBCT, RFORD 53, CHRISSARAN, and CHOO CHOO.

Next tier at only three off the mark: PACIFIC 44, WISE ONE, WARBLER 13, HUSKEE 11 yet again, along with other frequent flyers ERICSANDIEGO and KAIZEN. Hard to draw a line here as another group was just one behind this bunch. But, gotta draw it somewhere and I try to draw it at three off, especially if a lot of you are within that limit. Another fantastic performance folks. Congrats. As always, corrections appreciated.

Reaction Score
ECU Winners.png

For those who want to know whose forecast was mathematically closest to the actual score, it is shown in the table above. This uses the (x,y) coordinates of the forecast compared to the (x,y) coordinates of the actual score. Jdubct missed the actual score by 1.414 points. Nice job.

Reaction Score
First off, welcome back to CT Transplant - knew you were going and hope all went well. You and your data were missed.

Next, congrats on a second consecutive immense performance by our prescient prognosticators. As HOOPS HOPPY points out, HUSKY FANATIC and CHONG MASTER both nailed the exact MOV, with HF winning tonight by use of the exact-score prediction tie breaker. Then, at the next tier just a single point off the winning MOV were: OLD DUDE, TOMCAT, TITLE TOWN, OZIMOTO, TONYC, BIG BIRD, and a newcomer to the hot shot circle, SLUG 25 .

Next tier down at only two points off the win were JDUBCT, RFORD 53, CHRISSARAN, and CHOO CHOO.

Next tier at only three off the mark: PACIFIC 44, WISE ONE, WARBLER 13, HUSKEE 11 yet again, along with other frequent flyers ERICSANDIEGO and KAIZEN. Hard to draw a line here as another group was just one behind this bunch. But, gotta draw it somewhere and I try to draw it at three off, especially if a lot of you are within that limit. Another fantastic performance folks. Congrats. As always, corrections appreciated.
This is so much fun and thank you for all you do for us on the Boneyard to make it engaging and interesting.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I think you should have the winner/tally posted in the original score thread... so the "participants" can get a notification and not have to scroll around looking for the "new" winner thread

Reaction Score
@winlots thanks for the hard work, cheer UConn~~~

KAIZ: Very nice of you to take the time to say that; you've been very supportive of this endeavor for sure. I'm not a particularly modest man at this point in my life, so I enjoy "my credits", but I am capable of and trained in objectivity: and, objectively, the hard work on this thread belongs to HOOPS HOPPY and CT TRANSPLANT, along with some very useful input from WEST COAST PUP.
Additionally, great credit to the folks who are the guts of the thread: those who somehow figure out how to make these amazingly good predictions.

Reaction Score
View attachment 19028

For those who want to know whose forecast was mathematically closest to the actual score, it is shown in the table above. This uses the (x,y) coordinates of the forecast compared to the (x,y) coordinates of the actual score. Jdubct missed the actual score by 1.414 points. Nice job.

CTTRAN: you're terrific.... I've .have forgotten all that good stuff and so much more. Thanks again for all you have done and will do to make this enjoyable for the participants.

Reaction Score
This is so much fun and thank you for all you do for us on the Boneyard to make it engaging and interesting.

CHOO: you really touched me with that note. Pleased that you've enjoyed this, though I have to say again that my role is really pretty minimal......and, also, the entire concept of the thread, I'll say again, is not original with me; I just picked up the slack this season when the thread didn't appear in the Yard as it had previously. Thank you, Choo.

Reaction Score
I think you should have the winner/tally posted in the original score thread... so the "participants" can get a notification and not have to scroll around looking for the "new" winner thread

DC: feedback always appreciated, especially from Yard stalwarts like yourself. If others feel the same way, I'll make that change or do what I sometimes do, which is post in in the original prediction thread and then again in a post-game thread of this sort. Would it help you find it if I got in the habit of labeling the post game results "Hail to the Victor" as I did this time around?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
DC: feedback always appreciated, especially from Yard stalwarts like yourself. If others feel the same way, I'll make that change or do what I sometimes do, which is post in in the original prediction thread and then again in a post-game thread of this sort. Would it help you find it if I got in the habit of labeling the post game results "Hail to the Victor" as I did this time around?
I just think it stays on topic...
and looking at this thread, half of the comments after from just you.... where are the 40 plus participants, oh... in the other thread!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom