Score one for Xfinity | The Boneyard

Score one for Xfinity

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
30766811-22B4-4FF0-B4C5-748DC150CD5A.jpeg
The Olympics were awesome with the NBc online feeds direct from your cable box.

ESPN3 now shows up in the menus.

@August_West @8893

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Nice.

Thanks to your movie guide tip I am watching Dazed and Confused for the 100th time.

What movie guide tip? Is there some double secret probation I'm not aware of ?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What movie guide tip? Is there some double secret probation I'm not aware of ?
If you press the "Guide" button twice it presents you with several options for viewing the guide, including HD Only, Sports, Movies, etc. The Movies one has a very good interface because it allows you to shuffle through what is on now, showing a visual image similar to what you would see on the cover of the DVD, what time it started, the running time, rating and Rotten Tomatoes score; and it allows you to do the same for every half-hour interval following the current time, so you can see what's coming up.

Before he clued me into that, I thought the only guide option was the grid showing all the channels, which you could page up or down. I find myself watching a lot more movies now that it is easier to see what is on at any given time.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
If you press the "Guide" button twice it presents you with several options for viewing the guide, including HD Only, Sports, Movies, etc. The Movies one has a very good interface because it allows you to shuffle through what is on now, showing a visual image similar to what you would see on the cover of the DVD, what time it started, the running time, rating and Rotten Tomatoes score; and it allows you to do the same for every half-hour interval following the current time, so you can see what's coming up.

Before he clued me into that, I thought the only guide option was the grid showing all the channels, which you could page up or down. I find myself watching a lot more movies now that it is easier to see what is on at any given time.

Ah OK, I knew that one already, but thank you.

Xfinity isn't always the most intuitive interface so you never know

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Ah OK, I knew that one already, but thank you.

Xfinity isn't always the most intuitive interface so you never know

Lulz interface.

I dont even think I press buttons anymore. I can just talk into my remote for whatever I want, including pulling up youtube and netflix videos straight from the X1 platform (dont even have to enter the relevant App first!)

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
couple other great things about X1

Business trips: I dont even turn on the shoddy hotel cable packages in my room. I pull out my IPad, log into hotel wifi and watch my home subscriptions.

also on business trips: I log in to Ipad and use it to change the channels on the TV I know my wife is watching at home the time. Then I sit back and wait for the inevitable hysterical text of " you have to come home, the aliens are screwing with us again" 5 minutes later. good times.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Business trips: I dont even turn on the shoddy hotel cable packages in my room. I pull out my IPad, log into hotel wifi and watch my home subscriptions.

also on business trips: I log in to Ipad and use it to change the channels on the TV I know my wife is watching at home the time. Then I sit back and wait for the inevitable hysterical text of " you have to come home, the aliens are screwing with us again" 5 minutes later. good times.

I randomly change the channel on my daughter to pass the time too. So long Disney Channel.

Reaction Score
I agree with CL82 August and Whaler. She is talented , funny and gorgeous. Huge fan. Even her commercials are good.
The Good Place is tremendous and Veronica Mars was really good. She might be my favorite actress and I don't usually have favorite showbusiness people

Reaction Score

August, you could be a professional pitchman for X1 and Arbys, they’re both lucky to have you!

I also bring my IPad anywhere to watch national channels and recordings. Do you know you can also download anything you record onto your iPad? I do that before longer flights, my flights fly by! For people who have a landline with Xfinity, you can download the Xfinity Connect app and call back to the US free from anywhere in the world that has WiFi.

You can also share content with friends and family members by giving them a login to WiFi hotspots and stream all the national channels as well. I’ve created 5 logins for friends and family in other states, they get to watch HBO, Showtime etc all off my account.

Reaction Score
I have had this xfinity interface for at least a couple of years. The other game changer technology they have is the remote with voice recognition. It works so well even my 4 yo can navigate to the programs she wants. Really great technology ... Xfinity basically took everything that sucked about cable and made it a positive (except the bill, of course).

Reaction Score
I have had this xfinity interface for at least a couple of years. The other game changer technology they have is the remote with voice recognition. It works so well even my 4 yo can navigate to the programs she wants. Really great technology ... Xfinity basically took everything that sucked about cable and made it a positive (except the bill, of course).
That was the bet they were willing to make, that the X1 system with voice recognition would be so valuable to customers that they wouldn’t want to switch once their bill was out of the promotional period. I was going to Pearl Jam show Sunday Night, had a blast with my friends using the voice remote to watch concert footage on Netflix. Do you know about KidZone for your 4 year old?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Lulz interface.

I dont even think I press buttons anymore. I can just talk into my remote for whatever I want, including pulling up youtube and netflix videos straight from the X1 platform (dont even have to enter the relevant App first!)

Yes, but if you are trying to surf for random stuff (ie browse), it gets annoying . They used to have 'saturday shows' all the way through 'sunday shows'. They now have inexplicably cut a few days off the list. The shows are in long lines you browse by pushing 'right, right, right...'. Everything is slow and clunky. It's a stupid interface.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
But there are no options...

Give us 6 standard cable companies competing in every single market in the country and you'll have accurate pricing and relatively competitive tech. Hell, give me three. Add on some of the nonstandard service offerings and you'll have something.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I randomly change the channel on my daughter to pass the time too. So long Disney Channel.
Yep, I've done this too. Kind of jerky, but entertaining. The less subtle version is changing someones Chromecast feed. Fat guys dancing videos are a good choice.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’ve created 5 logins for friends and family in other states, they get to watch HBO, Showtime etc all off my account.
Have I mentioned what a great guy I think you are? Really consider you a friend/family.

Reaction Score
That was the bet they were willing to make, that the X1 system with voice recognition would be so valuable to customers that they wouldn’t want to switch once their bill was out of the promotional period. I was going to Pearl Jam show Sunday Night, had a blast with my friends using the voice remote to watch concert footage on Netflix. Do you know about KidZone for your 4 year old?

Had to google kidzone xfinity (I had not paid attention to what it was called) but absolutely, yes.

At some point the cost for cable will reach a point where it won't be worth it anymore ... and if not for my xfinity experience maybe I would have reached it already ... but at this point I don't see chord cutting in my future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom