OT: School's In Session And I'm Annoyed | The Boneyard

OT: School's In Session And I'm Annoyed

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Since it's obvious Hurley and staff can't lock down a commitment any time soon, I'm staying planted in the OT threads.

Everyone with school aged kids should be in to the swing of the current school year. I don't care if it's preschool, grade school, middle school or high school, the beginning of the school year is a whirlwind of forms, waivers, declarations and fundraisers.

So, here are my old man yelling at kids to get off grass rants.

1. When a school sends home paperwork for me to read, please proofread it. I understand there will always be typos but the amount of grammatical errors I see on a regular basis from schools is scary.
2. Check your paperwork for dates, years, etc. It's pretty obvious when someone sends home documentation with last year's dates and times. It's annoying and it shows the school/teacher doesn't care.
3. Want me to write you a check? Fine. But for the love of all things good, please tell me what to write in the "To" line of the check. No, I don't inherently know if it goes to the school, to the PTA, to the booster club, to the book drive, etc.
4. Class pictures and student pictures. Just got the form for our son's senior year picture. Basic stuff many of us have done. Show up to school, sit on a pedestal, get the head and shoulders shot. Photo company processes proofs and we select which pic we want. Offering a package of $180-$300 for a couple of 8"x10" and 5"x7" is ridiculous. It's 2019 and we can get prints done at any store and use the digital editing to clear up skin, remove red eyes, and edit whatever else we want for 1/10th the cost.
5. The fundraisers- magazines, cookie dough, pizzas, popcorn, etc. I don't care and don't want to spend any energy harassing family and friends. Just give me a number and I'll write the check.

Plenty more, but I'll put it out to the crowd for your annoyances.

Reaction Score
In particular I agree with #5 in the strongest terms. My kid is not part of your junior sales force. At the beginning of the year tell me how much it will cost to exempt my child and I from all such nuisances for the rest of the school year.

Reaction Score
This thread is the only acceptable place for those doofuses ranting about student attendance over on the football board to rant.

Reaction Score
In particular I agree with #5 in the strongest terms. My kid is not part of your junior sales force. At the beginning of the year tell me how much it will cost to exempt my child and I from all such nuisances for the rest of the school year.

Our elementary school does this. It's awesome.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom