Scholarship Grid Update (7.1.22) | The Boneyard

Scholarship Grid Update (7.1.22)

Reaction Score
4A936A2C-7BD5-4990-A6A9-EE68485F985D.png

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This is where it gets interesting. Do we want to keep 1-2 spots open for Newton or Alleyne in case they exercise their extra year? Do we assume anyone will transfer opening up more spots organically. Seems like our last 3 major targets are Chatman, Middleton, and Miranda.

Reaction Score
This is where it gets interesting. Do we want to keep 1-2 spots open for Newton or Alleyne in case they exercise their extra year? Do we assume anyone will transfer opening up more spots organically. Seems like our last 3 major targets are Chatman, Middleton, and Miranda.
I’d imagine we have to assume two transfers per year on average from here on out. Should expect two guys will enter draft (but possibly up to 4 depending on things). That’s four extra spots next year nearly guaranteed

Reaction Score
I feel like we need to lock in a big for next season.

Reaction Score
Are we thinking Sanogo gone after this year? If so we definitely need a big.
If Sanogo is back for his senior year, then no quality center will come when we have Sanogo, Clingan, and even Johnson. I assume we’ll head to the portal for depth if Sanogo leaves. I could see us bringing in a 4 more than a 5.

Reaction Score
Theoretically Sanogo has 3 years remaining. Or he could be gone this year. Certainly makes planning difficult.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That ‘23-24 roster + Newton running it back would be a national title contender. Between Sanogo, Jackson, & Hawkins I do expect one to be declaring after this year, but if not, get your popcorn ready.
Interesting.

For Sanogo or Jackson to go they would have to have established decent three point range.

For Hawkins to go he would have to show himself to be a much more consistent scorer than last year.

Any of that happening bodes well for this season.

Reaction Score
I don't mind waiting for the spring to take a big because I see 3 scenarios for the 2023 season at the 5

1. Sanogo returns, Clingan and Johnson back him up. No need for one

2. Staff feels Clingan is ready to start, need a backup

3. Staff feels Clingan needs another year and will be the backup, need an experienced starter

Even if the staff knows Sanogo is gone it's hard to say whether we're in scenario 2 or 3 until after the season, so waiting makes sense to me

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Theoretically Sanogo has 3 years remaining. Or he could be gone this year. Certainly makes planning difficult.
If he was eligible for NIL, I’d bank on at least 2 more from him (unless he shows he can shoot a 3 this year). But because he isn’t eligible, it’s anyones guess - he can definitely have a pro career somewhere…

Reaction Score
If he was eligible for NIL, I’d bank on at least 2 more from him (unless he shows he can shoot a 3 this year). But because he isn’t eligible, it’s anyones guess - he can definitely have a pro career somewhere…
why would he be ineligible for NIL?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
why would he be ineligible for NIL?
He’s on an international student visa, which legally prevents him from making $ from NIL (it’s a visa law, not an NCAA / NIL law)

Reaction Score
IIRC the extra year guys don't count as a scholarship slot right? Or is that not a thing anymore? Last year Polley and Whaley didn't occupy spots on the grid

Reaction Score
That ‘23-24 roster + Newton running it back would be a national title contender. Between Sanogo, Jackson, & Hawkins I do expect one to be declaring after this year, but if not, get your popcorn ready.
I think there’s a chance all 3 are gone after this year (hawk, Sanogo, Andre)

Reaction Score
IIRC the extra year guys don't count as a scholarship slot right? Or is that not a thing anymore? Last year Polley and Whaley didn't occupy spots on the grid

They count.

Nahiem, Tristen, Adama, Richie, Andre, and Jordan are all possibilities to be gone.

Keep recruiting, figure it out later, use free agency (transfer portal) plus your recruits to make up for the losses.

Reaction Score
To be honest I am not as high on Hawkins as some on the board are. He may have the physical tools but can he shine when the lights are the brightest? He gave little indication last year that he was up to the task. I certainly hope he will be, I do believe AJ and Sanogo will leave after this year.

Reaction Score
You don’t have to answer that until you know if you can get Chatman, Middleton and Miranda.

Reaction Score
I think there’s a chance all 3 are gone after this year (hawk, Sanogo, Andre)
If all three leave after this year it'd probably mean we made the FF (or a killer regular season and an Elite 8). Sign me up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom