Scheduling needs going forward | The Boneyard

Scheduling needs going forward

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Our move to the Big East will likely prove to be a huge plus for our in conference schedule but we still need to discuss our OOC schedule.

If we play in a MTE, we get to play 31 games in total including 11 OOC.

I am glad that we are part of the Big 12-Big East challenge but we need to be part of the Gavitt Games every year going forward.

As long as we play a 3-game MTE and the Big 12 and Gavitt games, that leaves us with 6 games.

2 should be home and homes against P5 (or equivalent caliber) schools:
my preference would be one regional opponent (Syracuse) and one PAC-12, SEC, or high mid major (Gonzaga)

The other four should be cupcakes but preferably against regional opponents (Yale, Harvard, Quinnipiac, Fordham, La Salle)

We need two quality home games out of conference every year.

What do you think?

Reaction Score
Our move to the Big East will likely prove to be a huge plus for our in conference schedule but we still need to discuss our OOC schedule.

I am glad that we are part of the Big 12-Big East challenge but we need to be part of the Gavitt Games every year going forward.

As long as we play a 3-game MTE and the Big 12 and Gavitt games, that leaves us with 6 games.

my preference would be one regional opponent (Syracuse) and one PAC-12, SEC, or high mid major (Gonzaga)

The other four should be cupcakes but preferably against regional opponents (Yale, Harvard, Quinnipiac, Fordham, La Salle)

What do you think?
Yale and Harvard are not cupcakes.

Last season, their League suspended play for Covid.

The last season they played was 2019-2020.

1626640018621.png

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

What do you think?
'or high mid major (Gonzaga)'

Reaction Score
Do we have a big OOC home game next year?
1. @ Morgantown and they'll be at Storrs/Harftord in 22
2. Maybe @ florida since that game wasn't played in 20-21 season.
3. Battle 4 Atlantis field is loaded (Arizona State, Auburn, Loyola-Chicago, Michigan State, Syracuse, Virginia Commonwealth, and Baylor.)
4. Opening against Pat Sellers and CCSU

If the Florida game goes through we have WVU, UF, and a very good opportunity in the Battle 4 Atlantis. Thinking atleast one more local team for second game following CCSU, 1 mid major, and one AAC team ( as per contract if im not mistaken; preferably Houston).

Reaction Score
I especially agree on this.

I never really understood the scheduling of the Morehead States, Middle Tennessees, etc.

If we need cupcakes, let's grab Hartford, Sacred Heart, Fairfield etc. There are plenty of regional opponents who would want to play us and we would do a better job of filling up the arena against them with local interest and opposing fans attending.

Reaction Score
yeah we're gonna play in a preseason MTE, the big 10 and big 12 challenges, and have 3 other games against the likes of gonzaga, cuse, and kentucky every year :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
yeah we're gonna play in a preseason MTE, the big 10 and big 12 challenges, and have 3 other games against the likes of gonzaga, cuse, and kentucky every year :rolleyes:
At our best maybe? :)

Reaction Score
1. @ Morgantown and they'll be at Storrs/Harftord in 22
Challenges aren't series. More likely, we'll get a home game vs a different Big 12 team in '22. Less likely, but possible, that we could get another away game or be left out altogether in '22.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom