Schedules! | The Boneyard

Schedules!

Reaction Score
Thank goodness they are starting to be released. I thought we could create a catch all thread where we can glean information about schedules from other teams!

Cal Poly kicks us off!

Cal Poly Announces Schedule

Notable games against Stanford, Nevada, Cal Baptist, and San Diego State in the preseason. I'm looking forward to gleaning information about everyone else!

Stanford likely only has two other non-conference matches remaining after Cal Poly. I wonder if they'll play anyone out east, or stay in California this year.

Reaction Score
E580E835-6136-41AC-83C2-98CF11A73923.jpeg

This on the heels of a PC Dawn gave last week where she confirmed the UConn game and said she expects to play Temple. Oregon game is off as previously reported. Said games against Maryland, Duke, and Clemson were off, pointing specifically at ACC teams playing a 20 game conference schedule, which makes this NC State scheduling since then interesting. They are still trying to schedule Clemson, but having difficulties finding a mutual date. Also plans to play in an MTE but she wasn’t ready yet to announce any details (she didn’t want to jinx anything). Appears they won’t take part in the Battle of Atlantis tourney that was moved to S. Dakota (EDIT - This is my deduction and doesn’t come from anything Dawn said in her PC).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I could see Duke's regime change altering their desire to co tiniest the series, but hope they are back on.

N.C. State and UNC would be good to rotate in. N.C. State will be a good early matchup.

Reaction Score
View attachment 60234
This on the heels of a PC Dawn gave last week where she confirmed the UConn game and said she expects to play Temple. Oregon game is off as previously reported. Said games against Maryland, Duke, and Clemson were off, pointing specifically at ACC teams playing a 20 game conference schedule, which makes this NC State scheduling since then interesting. They are still trying to schedule Clemson, but having difficulties finding a mutual date. Also plans to play in an MTE but she wasn’t ready yet to announce any details (she didn’t want to jinx anything). Appears they won’t take part in the Battle of Atlantis tourney that was moved to S. Dakota (EDIT - This is my deduction and doesn’t come from anything Dawn said in her PC).

No one will be participating in the Battle 4 Atlantis, as that tournament has been cancelled. USC will also still play at Iowa as part of the SEC-Big12 Challenge, I assume. Interesting that we've scheduled NC State, but haven't scheduled in-state rival Clemson out of hand. The omission of Oregon and Maryland from the schedule is a shame, and weakens the overall schedule SOS considerably.....

Reaction Score
No one will be participating in the Battle 4 Atlantis, as that tournament has been cancelled. USC will also still play at Iowa as part of the SEC-Big12 Challenge, I assume. Interesting that we've scheduled NC State, but haven't scheduled in-state rival Clemson out of hand. The omission of Oregon and Maryland from the schedule is a shame, and weakens the overall schedule SOS considerably.....

Do you mean Iowa State? Iowa isn't in the Big 12...............:eek:
Ashley Joens is welcome to run circles around Dawn any day.

Reaction Score
I have not seen any confirmation from either conference that the SCar's participation in SEC/Big 12 challenge will happen. Indeed, not sure the women's challenge will take place at all.

Anybody got links?

All I have seen is that the SEC is having 18 games and the schools can play only 2 non-conference games. We are playing UConn and probably Temple. I don't think we will be a part of the challenge, but ya'll could prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Texas' non-conference schedule includes home games against Texas A&M and Tennessee. Expected return trips to Arizona and Stanford were most likely nixed since PAC 12 wasn't gonna play until January 1

Cal Poly and Stanford play Nov. 25th. I think it's just more likely that Stanford nixed the game due to unpredictability over travel to play local teams before the grueling Pac-12 gauntlet.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Cal Poly and Stanford play Nov. 25th. I think it's just more likely that Stanford nixed the game due to unpredictability over travel to play local teams before the grueling Pac-12 gauntlet.
Thx. I recall an announcement that PAC would not play any sports until January 1. I guess that was modified.

Reaction Score
I have not seen any confirmation from either conference that the SCar's participation in SEC/Big 12 challenge will happen. Indeed, not sure the women's challenge will take place at all.

Anybody got links?

All I have seen is that the SEC is having 18 games and the schools can play only 2 non-conference games. We are playing UConn and probably Temple. I don't think we will be a part of the challenge, but ya'll could prove me wrong.

Yeah, the SEC/Big-12 matchups were posted back in May by the SEC office, and we were knee-deep in Covid-19 at that time, so I assumed they would still be attempted to be honored, but I guess not now?? Coach Staley stated back during her last presser that the ACC would have a 20-game conference schedule, and then would have 4 more non-conference games to schedule. So that'd be a total of 24 games???

We have a 16-game SEC schedule - the conference described it as a 18 "play-date" conference schedule, with 16 game dates. So, does THAT mean a 16-game conference (SEC) schedule, with two (2) open SEC dates in case scheduled games have to be re-scheduled due to Covid-19 issues, so they leave those extra two (2) SEC play-dates reserved just for SEC games, OR does it mean we play a 16-game SEC schedule, then two (2) non-conference games, for a total of 18 games for the season???

That doesn't make sense if the ACC is going to play 20 conference games alone. And Staley said we've gotten Connecticut scheduled, and Temple looks also set, and she mentioned Duke as a possibility, and there's also been talk of scheduling NC State. Further, Staley mentioned the possibility of a MTE (multi-team event) as well.

In the past, in normal times, the SEC office always schedules the SEC conference schedule first, and then the league teams fill in non-conference games around and within those league games. I'm thinking that the SEC office just scheduled SEC games only, with 16 league games plus two (2) alternate open dates to allow for rescheduling due to Covid-19 issues. I don't think we only get to play just two (2) non-conference games in addition to that, but I don't know.....

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Yeah, the SEC/Big-12 matchups were posted back in May by the SEC office, and we were knee-deep in Covid-19 at that time, so I assumed they would still be attempted to be honored, but I guess not now?? Coach Staley stated back during her last presser that the ACC would have a 20-game conference schedule, and then would have 4 more non-conference games to schedule. So that'd be a total of 24 games???
According to the Texas schedule release:

UT will host Texas A&M as part of the Big 12/SEC Challenge on Sunday, Dec. 6.

And, I believe Baylor's game at Arkansas is also part of this challenge.

Of course, only 10 teams from each conference participate.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Louisville announced its non-conference schedule:

@Middle Tennessee
@Cincinnati
Eastern Kentucky
UConn (@Mohegan)
Bellarmine

ACC schedule will be released next week.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Louisville announced its non-conference schedule:

@Middle Tennessee
@Cincinnati
Eastern Kentucky
UConn (@Mohegan)
Bellarmine

ACC schedule will be released next week.
Louisville usually schedules pretty well in the nonconference. Most notably, I give Walz a ton of credit for showing a willingness to take his team on the road to visit tough mid-major programs, something that VERY few of the top programs are willing to do. Just in the past few years, he's played true road games at places like South Dakota State, Boise State and Western Kentucky.

This year's five-game schedule, outside of the UConn game, is a step down from his usual, but the true road games at Middle Tennessee and Cincinnati are still noteworthy. Unlike certain other coaches who tend to hide out at home or only venture out to collect a cupcake or two, Walz cannot be accused of doing so.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Louisville usually schedules pretty well in the nonconference. Most notably, I give Walz a ton of credit for showing a willingness to take his team on the road to visit tough mid-major programs, something that VERY few of the top programs are willing to do. Just in the past few years, he's played true road games at places like South Dakota State, Boise State and Western Kentucky.

This year's five-game schedule, outside of the UConn game, is a step down from his usual, but the true road games at Middle Tennessee and Cincinnati are still noteworthy. Unlike certain other coaches who tend to hide out at home or only venture out to collect a cupcake or two, Walz cannot be accused of doing so.

Kudos to Jeff for stepping up after Notre Dame opted not to play a home game against UConn. Works out well as UConn gets to play a tougher opponent at Mohegan.

Reaction Score

Wed., Nov 25 vs. College of Charleston
Nov. 28-30 Thanksgiving Tournament (3 games)
Thu., Dec. 3 vs. NC State
Sun., Dec. 6 at Iowa State
Thu., Dec. 17 vs. Temple
Mon., Feb. 8 at UConn

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maryland women’s basketball will open the 2020-21 season in Estero, Florida at the Gulf Coast Showcase Thanksgiving weekend.

The Terps will play three games at the event. First up is Davidson on Friday, Nov. 27. Then they’ll will take on Missouri State on Saturday and Arkansas on Sunday. The Gulf Coast Showcase is typically one of the more competitive events in women’s basketball, featuring six teams with the games played at Florida Golf Coast University’s Alico Arena this season.

Davidson returns 92 percent of its scoring from last season, while Missouri State (26-4) was the Missouri Valley champion in 2019-20. Arkansas (24-8) is likely to become a player in the SEC this season, and the team received former Maryland point guard Destiny Slocum as a graduate transfer from Oregon State.

Wake Forest and host college FGCU are the other two teams in the bubble.

Reaction Score

Wed., Nov 25 vs. College of Charleston
Nov. 28-30 Thanksgiving Tournament (3 games)
Thu., Dec. 3 vs. NC State
Sun., Dec. 6 at Iowa State
Thu., Dec. 17 vs. Temple
Mon., Feb. 8 at UConn

No Clempsun. These are strange times.

I like that we are keeping Iowa State. Good early road test. NC State at home will be a good game for the fans in the Carolinas. Hate missing Oregon and Baylor from the original schedule, but that's covid for 'ya.

Who are the teams in the "Thanksgiving tournament?"

Reaction Score
No Clempsun. These are strange times.

I like that we are keeping Iowa State. Good early road test. NC State at home will be a good game for the fans in the Carolinas. Hate missing Oregon and Baylor from the original schedule, but that's covid for 'ya.

Who are the teams in the "Thanksgiving tournament?"

Doesn't sound like the tournament field has been announced. I'm curious if anyone here knows their team in a Thanksgiving tourney with now announced field.

Reaction Score
It is November 11, and the PAC-12 has not released a WBB schedule? I'm sure the PAC-12 Network has something to do with the delay.

Reaction Score
It is November 11, and the PAC-12 has not released a WBB schedule? I'm sure the PAC-12 Network has something to do with the delay.
SEC hasn’t either. They did release the men’s last week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom