Schedule? | The Boneyard

Schedule?

Reaction Score
Is there a full schedule out yet? On the school website it only goes through Dec. 19th. I have someone offering me tickets to a home game and I don't know what game to pick because I don't know when they are or who the opponents are.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Is there a full schedule out yet? On the school website it only goes through Dec. 19th. I have someone offering me tickets to a home game and I don't know what game to pick because I don't know when they are or who the opponents are.
The Big East has not released their schedule yet. Most of the games are in the new year (22), with a couple in late December. I think they usually release it sometime in Sept.

Reaction Score
This is sheer arrogance. They want me to buy season tickets but they won't tell me the games dates and places, Gampel vs. XL. Can you imagine buying a movie ticket not knowing what movie you will get to see, or where. I used to have season tickets, probably won't this year. It is also a pain driving up Route 84, the section near Waterbury is a mess again after I stupidly thought they had finished when the traffic jams went away. Maybe in another 10 years they will be finished. But then it may be time to start all over again.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
This is sheer arrogance. They want me to buy season tickets but they won't tell me the games dates and places, Gampel vs. XL. Can you imagine buying a movie ticket not knowing what movie you will get to see, or where. I used to have season tickets, probably won't this year. It is also a pain driving up Route 84, the section near Waterbury is a mess again after I stupidly thought they had finished when the traffic jams went away. Maybe in another 10 years they will be finished. But then it may be time to start all over again.
It's always been this way for as long as I can remember it. Both in the old and new Big East as well as the AAC. First the dates for the out of Conference games are agreed to, then the conference schedule is announced. Most reasons for this so all non-conference games are on the calendar prior to any conference scheduling. This is done with all conferences, that way it's easier for mid season scheduling like with teams like South Carolina who is usually in February. In the 2019-2020 season the Nov out of conference games were Cal, Vandy, Virginia, theOSU, and Dayton. Dec was Seton Hall, ND, DePaul, and Oklahoma. Jan was Baylor, Tenn, and the US National Team. Feb was Oregon and SC. I believe that the only game that was scheduled after the AAC had finalized the conference schedule was the game against the US National Team, all other non-conference games were scheduled prior to the AAC release.

Last edited:

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Last week, I read in the newspaper, that they had started AGAIN!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
On a whim, I e-mailed the Big East administration office yesterday and asked about when they would release this season’s conference schedule. I was shocked to get a response. They said mid-September. That is the time they released the schedule last year. The responses of other posters here is correct.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom