Schedule question | The Boneyard

Schedule question

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I see that we have no games scheduled between Villanova on Dec. 22 and Baylor on January 7.
Is that correct? That means 2 weeks of no game competition heading into an important test for us...a bad idea.
Given all the postponents and cancellations some down-time is inevitable but do we know whether Geno is trying to
get 2 or 3 games during that interim? Any info on that? We need games to sharpen our quite evident skills.

Reaction Score
During the broadcast last night they showed the upcoming schedule, Meghan Culmo mentioned for the reason you suggested will probably add more games leading up to the Baylor game.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Sounds good to me..thanks. I tend to mute the voices during the games so I missed Meghan's wisdom on it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I would be amazed if more games are not added between Dec 22 and Jan 7. One important reason to do so is to get as many games as possible in the books before the student body returns to campus in January, when the risk of Covid infection will increase.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
It is not too unusual to have a long break in the schedule during the holiday period. Last year, there was a break of 11 days between games. As of now, it will be 16 this year. I would like to see 1 game on January 2nd or 3rd.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It is not too unusual to have a long break in the schedule during the holiday period. Last year, there was a break of 11 days between games. As of now, it will be 16 this year. I would like to see 1 game on January 2nd or 3rd.
True--there are usually long breaks for finals and Christmas, but that's in a normal season with a November 15 start and no pandemic. The key this year is flexibility. Fill in that gap with games against other Connecticut teams.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I see that we have no games scheduled between Villanova on Dec. 22 and Baylor on January 7.
Is that correct? That means 2 weeks of no game competition heading into an important test for us...a bad idea.
Given all the postponents and cancellations some down-time is inevitable but do we know whether Geno is trying to
get 2 or 3 games during that interim? Any info on that? We need games to sharpen our quite evident skills.
I don't think it was their idea. Blame the pandemic. Hopefully, they add another game.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
If it's like they've done over the past few years UConn should have at least 2 more games, possibly 3, before they play Baylor. If it's 3 then they would have one on the 28th or 29th, one on the 2nd or 3rd, and one on the 5th. If the Big East doesn't schedule a game for the December date maybe Geno can get Quinnipiac to reschedule the game that they had to cancel. The Q's last game is the 19th and the next scheduled is the 1st of Jan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom