Schedule Openings Because of Realignment | The Boneyard

Schedule Openings Because of Realignment

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Figured I’d make a tracker of teams and years that had H/H scheduled with teams that are now in the same leagues. In parenthesis is where the game they previously had was located for that team (i.e. ECU and Charlotte had a home and home scheduled in 2024 and 2025 beginning in Charlotte and ending in Greenville, ECU in 2024 is “Road” and CLT is “Home”):

2023: SMU (Home), UNT (Road), Memphis (Road), UNT (Home), UCF (Home), BYU (Road)
2024: ECU (Road), Charlotte (Home), SMU (Road), UNT (Home), UCF (Road), BYU (Home)
2025: ECU (Home), Charlotte (Road), SMU (Home), UNT (Road)
2027: LSU (Home), Oklahoma (Road)
2028: Tulane (Home), UNT (Road), Houston (Road), BYU (Home), LSU (Road), Oklahoma (Home), Texas (Home), UGA (Road)
2029: Tulane (Road), UNT (Home), Texas (Road), UGA (Home)
2030: Florida (Home), Texas (Road)
2031: UGA (Home), Oklahoma (Road), Florida (Road), Texas (Home)
2032: Alabama (Home), Oklahoma (Road)
2033: Alabama (Road), Oklahoma (Home)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I admire your analysis but wonder why your calendar doesn't have a bit more on it.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Figured I’d make a tracker of teams and years that had H/H scheduled with teams that are now in the same leagues. In parenthesis is where the game they previously had was located for that team (i.e. ECU and Charlotte had a home and home scheduled in 2024 and 2025 beginning in Charlotte and ending in Greenville, ECU in 2024 is “Road” and CLT is “Home”):

2027: LSU (Home), Oklahoma (Road)
2028: Tulane (Home), UNT (Road), Houston (Road), BYU (Home), LSU (Road), Oklahoma (Home), Texas (Home), UGA (Road)
2029: Tulane (Road), UNT (Home), Texas (Road), UGA (Home)
2030: Florida (Home), Texas (Road)
2031: UGA (Home), Oklahoma (Road), Florida (Road), Texas (Home)
2032: Alabama (Home), Oklahoma (Road)
2033: Alabama (Road), Oklahoma (Home)

Make It So Star Trek GIF

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I admire your analysis but wonder why your calendar doesn't have a bit more on it.
The above includes games against teams that are confirmed both moving to the same conference OR one team moving into the same league as a scheduled non-conference opponent.

Consensus seems to be play for these teams will begin in 2023 (AAC) 2023 (B12) and 2025 (SEC). Hence the timelines.

BYU for instance has a ton of games to untangle… but I don’t know what they’ll cancel in each season. I’m sure a lot of the P5 home and homes they’ll try to keep and push out to future seasons and I know some of the games included out clauses for if they joined a P5 league. But I’m not adding those to here until they’re publicly announced.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Hope DB is on the phone with every one of those SEC schools about their home openings. Secure that nice $1M+ payday now. Maybe if we have a competent team in a few years we can actually give those guys a scare if we catch them in an off year (what a miss with Clemson this year, sigh.)

For a kid that isn’t going P5 but still a quality talent, what better recruiting pitch than to tell them they will get to play in a 100K+ packed SEC stadium every year in front of NFL scouts (who are there to watch the SEC kids, of course).

Id much rather see us get mauled by Bama and Georgia than squeak out a nail bitter vs Yale… at least one side of the ball will have a quality product to watch!

Reaction Score
Clearly things are moving towards supersizing. Hate to see us locked out of it.

Reaction Score
The only conferences we can’t walk into whenever we want are the P5. Not worried about being locked out anymore than I was before.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The only conferences we can’t walk into whenever we want are the P5. Not worried about being locked out anymore than I was before.
I definitely not interested in C-USA for football-only. I’m not interested in the MAC either.

Reaction Score
The “new G5” is taking shape. I now think the northeastern G5s would be best served parking their non-football sports somewhere if possible, like us, and keeping/making their football independent. Probably easiest for us to do, but I could see Army/Navy succeeding as well going that route. I wonder if St. Joe’s would be ok with Temple back in the A10?

Reaction Score
The “new G5” is taking shape. I now think the northeastern G5s would be best served parking their non-football sports somewhere if possible, like us, and keeping/making their football independent. Probably easiest for us to do, but I could see Army/Navy succeeding as well going that route. I wonder if St. Joe’s would be ok with Temple back in the A10?

playing army and navy every year would be great, plus a local FCS or ivy and/or UMass. Add in 1 or 2 pay days. Based on what DB has been able to schedule so far, we should have a quality schedule. We should also be open to a pay day at metlife or Gillette or Fenway or yankee stadium. Whether we have a quality team is a completely different question.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom