SC at the XL center in February | The Boneyard

SC at the XL center in February

Reaction Score
February 16. I can hardly wait and I really hope Aubrey is back by then. This is the show we've all been waiting for, the Paige and Azzi show unhindered by injury facing their primary rivals.

D'oh! correction. not the XL center, but down in SC!

Reaction Score
February 16. I can hardly wait and I really hope Aubrey is back by then. This is the show we've all been waiting for, the Paige and Azzi show unhindered by injury facing their primary rivals.

Isn't it USC, University of Southern Cal. Not SC, South Carolina?

Reaction Score

USC, U$C, USC, U$C!
USC, U$C, USC, U$C!
USC, U$C, USC, U$C!

Ha, ha, ha, ha.

Ya'll are playing the University of South Carolina in Columbia, SC on February 14,

You are playing the University of Southern California at the XL on December 21.

Reaction Score
18,617 in Columbia last season was one of our five home sellouts in setting the all time home attendance record. Hope we're just as - - - uhm - - - welcoming - - -to UConn this season. (UConn does bring a good crowd on the 850 mile trip)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
18,617 in Columbia last season was one of our five home sellouts in setting the all time home attendance record. Hope we're just as - - - uhm - - - welcoming - - -to UConn this season. (UConn does bring a good crowd on the 850 mile trip)

A lot of them live in the Myrtle Beach area.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ya'll are playing the University of South Carolina in Columbia, SC on February 14,

Wait, those are different schools? I just figured the one on the East Coast was a branch campus or something.
;)

(For what it's worth, I'm looking forward to this game. If you want to be the best you've got to beat the best, and right now South Carolina is the best.)

Reaction Score
headache-al-bundy.gif

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
USC, U$C, USC, U$C!
USC, U$C, USC, U$C!
USC, U$C, USC, U$C!

Ha, ha, ha, ha.

VC - How hard do you think it will be to get tickets to the game? I’m toying with the idea of trying to reserve time at a time share in Myrtle Beach.

Reaction Score
O
VC - How hard do you think it will be to get tickets to the game? I’m toying with the idea of trying to reserve time at a time share in Myrtle Beach.
Not too hard in the past. order as soon as we finish selling season tickets - about a week before the season begins. What’s left will be sold as tickets for individual games. We don’t usually sell out for UConn until after Christmas. If you order in November and you shouldn’t have a problem.

No guarantees!

KCD

Reaction Score
USC, U$C, USC, U$C!
USC, U$C, USC, U$C!
USC, U$C, USC, U$C!

Ha, ha, ha, ha.

visitingcock: I really like your idea of USC for Southern Cal and U$C for South Carolina. Less confusion and it has a good look.

Reaction Score
visitingcock: I really like your idea of USC for Southern Cal and U$C for South Carolina. Less confusion and it has a good look.
How about SC for South Carolina and USC for Southern Cal... easier to type, which is a factor these days?;)

Reaction Score
I think U$C is more appropriate for the real USC (the one in Los Angeles). After all, one of the school's nicknames is The University of Spoiled Children. (As an aside, only foreigners--people from outside Southern California--refer to USC as "Southern Cal." To us, it's always "USC" or "SC.")

The other USC, the one in Columbia, is known (at least to my friends from Chapel Hill) as Lesser Carolina, or Lower Carolina.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
O

Not too hard in the past. order as soon as we finish selling season tickets - about a week before the season begins. What’s left will be sold as tickets for individual games. We don’t usually sell out for UConn until after Christmas. If you order in November and you shouldn’t have a problem.

No guarantees!

Thanks!

Reaction Score
How about SC for South Carolina and USC for Southern Cal... easier to type, which is a factor these days?;)
Doesn’t work well. Most Weest Coasters refer to SoCal as SC more than USC. SCal , the school, also uses SC

There was a court battle about 15 years ago when SCar tried to copyright an interlocking SC design on its then-highly popular baseball cap. SoCal objected. Patents court said no copyright because it creates too much comfusion ( Leonardo decaprio testafied that he wore the “wrong cap” to SOCal games for a couple of years) So, both schools continue to confuse folks by wearing interlocking SC caps that are similar except one is garnet and black the other is garnet and gold. Nobody owns usc or sc ( even though SC is the official abbreviation of South Carolina.

Maybe Southern Cal needs to be “tUSC.”

Reaction Score
I think U$C is more appropriate for the real USC (the one in Los Angeles). After all, one of the school's nicknames is The University of Spoiled Children. (As an aside, only foreigners--people from outside Southern California--refer to USC as "Southern Cal." To us, it's always "USC" or "SC.")

The other USC, the one in Columbia, is known (at least to my friends from Chapel Hill) as Lesser Carolina, or Lower Carolina.
And the u in North Carolina is known to my friends as UNCarolina..

Reaction Score
The point to me is that USC/Southern Cal/Trojans/Kiki and JuJu will be playing the Huskies at the XL Center in December. For me, after an XL season in '23-24 without top tier games, that'll be fun!

Reaction Score
The point to me is that USC/Southern Cal/Trojans/Kiki and JuJu will be playing the Huskies at the XL Center in December. For me, after an XL season in '23-24 without top tier games, that'll be fun!
Generally speaking, which venue gets the primo games? XL is bigger, but doesn’t Gampell have a more raucous and intimidating (student) crowd?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
You'll be able to find them on the secondary market without a problem. FYI, Columbia is not close to Myrtle Beach, it's about 140 miles.

Reaction Score
There was a court battle about 15 years ago when SCar tried to copyright an interlocking SC design on its then-highly popular baseball cap. SoCal objected. Patents court said no copyright because it creates too much comfusion
I think you may have meant trademark, not copyright. I don’t think you can get a copyright on logos and initials.

Reaction Score
USC, U$C, USC, U$C!
USC, U$C, USC, U$C!
USC, U$C, USC, U$C!

Ha, ha, ha, ha.

I am just happy that we are able to boost both programs visibility ratings. ;):D

Reaction Score
Generally speaking, which venue gets the primo games? XL is bigger, but doesn’t Gampell have a more raucous and intimidating (student) crowd?
It's generally accepted that Geno prefers certain games like Notre Dame at the more intimate (yes, intimidating) Gampel. When your Gamecocks came to CT a couple of years ago, that was at sold-out XL Center. Turned out the site didn't make a difference in that one...:rolleyes:

Back in '19-20, a season the Huskies mostly would be glad to forget, SC, Baylor and Oregon (with Sabrina) took turns beating up on the Huskies at the XL Center. That set of games might have been what turned Geno against playing the big ones in Hartford, making the USC game this coming December all the more interesting. Of course, UConn appears far better equipped this time around.

Reaction Score

Little Carolina

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom