Sbncollegehockey.com AHA Awards | The Boneyard

Sbncollegehockey.com AHA Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Probably going to get someone posting that our freshman goalie deserved consideration for all-Freshman, but I think he got left off because he didn't play all the time. The guy at Air Force and the kid at Army I know became the primary goalies for their teams. both played more games than Nichols. Glad to see Segalla get some respect, though. You watch him and you see someone who really knows his position.

Reaction Score
Probably going to get someone posting that our freshman goalie deserved consideration for all-Freshman, but I think he got left off because he didn't play all the time. The guy at Air Force and the kid at Army I know became the primary goalies for their teams. both played more games than Nichols. Glad to see Segalla get some respect, though. You watch him and you see someone who really knows his position.

Reaction Score
Probably going to get someone posting that our freshman goalie deserved consideration for all-Freshman, but I think he got left off because he didn't play all the time. The guy at Air Force and the kid at Army I know became the primary goalies for their teams. both played more games than Nichols. Glad to see Segalla get some respect, though. You watch him and you see someone who really knows his position.Go
Okay freescooter your right i'm posting Nichols definitely deserves consideration for the AHA All Rookie Team :) after reading that article i wonder if he played in 33 % of the games/minutes to qualify for post season awards? As far as Segalla goes i agree with you totally.

Reaction Score
Okay freescooter your right i'm posting Nichols definitely deserves consideration for the AHA All Rookie Team :) after reading that article i wonder if he played in 33 % of the games/minutes to qualify for post season awards? As far as Segalla goes i agree with you totally.
If 33% of the games is the cut off I don't think he qualifies. He played in 10 according to the UConn website and I think a couple of those were instances when he came in for the 3rd period. He rarely played in the early going. I think he played 1 game before the break. At the Umass game I remember trying to figure out who he was.

Reaction Score
Nichols had a 8-1-2 record playing 630:53 minutes compared to Grogan who had. 10-11-2 record playing 1420:32 minutes - So if you add the minutes together 630:53 + 1420:32 = 2,050:51 x 33 % = 676 minutes. So looks like Grogan was short approx. 46 minutes (less than one game) to qualify for post season awards (which he deserves).

Reaction Score
Nichols had a 8-1-2 record playing 630:53 minutes compared to Grogan who had. 10-11-2 record playing 1420:32 minutes - So if you add the minutes together 630:53 + 1420:32 = 2,050:51 x 33 % = 676 minutes. So looks like Grogan was short approx. 46 minutes (less than one game) to qualify for post season awards (which he deserves).
I assume you mean Nichols is 46 minutes short. I figured something like that was involved. I'm not disagreeing that he has had a fine season and if there weren't any requirements he absolutely deserves consideration for All-rookie. On the other hand, I think Cav did a nice job bringing him along gradually rather than forcing it early in the year.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine what the teams record would be if Cavanaugh played Nichols 8-1-2 record, .942 Save Percentage, 1.81 Goals Against Average with 2 Shutouts more this season compared to Grogan 10-11-2 Record, .924 Save Percentage, 2.45 Goals Against Average with 0 Shutouts ?? I know its water under the bridge and its time to move with playoff hockey but its food for thought ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom