SBNation's One Regret About UConn's Domination | The Boneyard

SBNation's One Regret About UConn's Domination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Despite those who claim that UConn's dominance is hurting Women's Basketball, SBNation's James Dator's take on today's UConn v Mississippi State game included these two classics:

"My biggest sport's regret is that I didn't start watching them play sooner."

"It's like reading a textbook on basketball and seeing it play out on the screen."

Full article:
http://www.sbnation.com/2016/3/26/1...point-win-mississippi-state-domination-record

Reaction Score
Despite those who claim that UConn's dominance is hurting Women's Basketball, SBNation's James Dator's take on today's UConn v Mississippi State game included these two classics:

"My biggest sport's regret is that I didn't start watching them play sooner."

"It's like reading a textbook on basketball and seeing it play out on the screen."

Full article:
http://www.sbnation.com/2016/3/26/1...point-win-mississippi-state-domination-record
This would seem a little over the top...

"I'm left gobsmacked, stunned, reeling. Every word I've written doesn't do honor to just how good UConn is. This wasn't a great team beating a bad one, it was a good team being torn apart and strewn on the rocks of Mount Olympus by a god-made-flesh and split into 12 basketball entities. It's all so unfair."

...except I watched the game too :cool:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
This would seem a little over the top...

"I'm left gobsmacked, stunned, reeling. Every word I've written doesn't do honor to just how good UConn is. This wasn't a great team beating a bad one, it was a good team being torn apart and strewn on the rocks of Mount Olympus by a god-made-flesh and split into 12 basketball entities. It's all so unfair."

...except I watched the game too :cool:
A little more color than we're accustomed to but I rather like it.

Reaction Score
Not a bad piece but, well, the fact that they couldn't even put a highlight video over the article and chose to put some silly thing about the men's game up there instead kinda pisses me off.

Reaction Score
Do I sense a shift in the sportosphere towards recognizing, even downright admiring UCONN's brilliance? But this is way over the top, and feels like almost too much. Perhaps I'm overly defensive...

Reaction Score
Watching the post-game presser yesterday, it was so satisfying seeing Geno both amazed by the team's performance and yet humble before the challenges still ahead. He grew up dirt poor (I was in that part of Italy a few years after he left and remember thinking that they had yet to recover from WW II), and he takes nothing for granted. Everything must be earned, and then earned all over again. Even if the rest of the world begins to realize what we've known all along--that UConn women play perhaps the greatest expression of basketball ever--he will keep them hungry and wanting more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyThief