Saylor Poffenbarger puts up 22 points against SC | The Boneyard

Saylor Poffenbarger puts up 22 points against SC

Reaction Score
Saylor was very good today. Arkansas’ star Chryslyn Carr, who scored 34 yesterday, got held to zero baskets today. Sailor was the beneficiary of that focus. She took advantage of an opportunity.

Reaction Score
Saylor played great, but Arkansas played zero defense and gave up about a zillion rebounds.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Saylor was great today. Can really fill it up. Arkansas didn’t play a lick of defense today though.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Saylor had a pretty good season. Recall that this was her freshman season. She was SEC FOW multiple times and made the All-Freshman team. I think she set the Arkansas record for defensive rebounds. She shot the ball well today. Overall this season, her rebounding was good and shooting was so-so. She averaged 8.6 points and 6.8 rebounds (tops on the team), and shot 34/23/69. I think she's a better shooter than those stats show.

Arkansas cannot rebound with S. Carolina. Saylor had only 4. The team was out-rebounded by 51-26.

Reaction Score
Really liked her 2 mid range jump shots….a lost art in today’s game. Impressed with her offensive skill set. Thought she sometimes coasted on D, but on that team she isn’t alone.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Saylor had a pretty good season. Recall that this was her freshman season. She was SEC FOW multiple times and made the All-Freshman team. I think she set the Arkansas record for defensive rebounds. She shot the ball well today. Overall this season, her rebounding was good and shooting was so-so. She averaged 8.6 points and 6.8 rebounds (tops on the team), and shot 34/23/69. I think she's a better shooter than those stats show.

Arkansas cannot rebound with S. Carolina. Saylor had only 4. The team was out-rebounded by 51-26.
... an improvement from the first game I guess.

Reaction Score
I think as she get more comfortable within the offense, and she starts to assert herself, she is going to have an even bigger impact. She is a beast on the boards! She has great offensive capabilities; off the bounce, catch and shoot, and decent footwork, she is going to be special.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Possibly, but maybe not. Arkansas is a classic bubble team based on their record and Creme's "logic". Good wins over Creighton (this win is REALLY helping them) and Kansas State and close losses to USF (in OT) and Oregon (this loss no longer looks as "good" due to the Duck's struggles this year). Those 12 losses are somewhat misleading.

Outside of a baffling loss to Vanderbilt (a loss that is REALLY hurting them right now), Arkansas technically only has losses to tournament teams, with LSU and SC accounting for 4 of those losses. The committee isn't going to punish them too harshly for those LSU and SC losses, especially since their game on the road vs. LSU in Baton Rouge could've gone either way.

I honestly think Arkansas could be a team that sneaks in.

Reaction Score
That very well may be, but at least she's not stuck in boring snowy Storrs and gets to live it up in northwest Arkansas.
Don’t forget about the “Engaging Education” and off campus lifestyle. See WalMart Headquarters. :rolleyes::D I’m kidding.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom