Saylor Poffenbarger, Live and In Person | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Saylor Poffenbarger, Live and In Person

Reaction Score
Saylor I'm hoping has a better mid range game. With her ability to move, she may get plenty of 12' to 16' opportunities.

If you look at Lou's HS tape, you will see plenty of mid range and even inside game. One thing I think Saylor seems way better than Lou in HS is her passing ability, especially her full court/long range pass.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For people who want to see Saylor highlights, here's how:

Go to the MaxPreps page for Middletown, MD HS girls hoops and choose the videos option:

This may require signing up with MaxPreps, but I believe it is free with an email address and a little personal info.

There are reportedly 151 videos. Generally, they are 1-2 minutes in length. I'm not sure, but I believe there is a highlights video for each game (or nearly every game). I'm guessing the large number means there are several years of videos.

As noted, the videos are game/team highlights, but Saylor dominates the highlights--anywhere from 20% to 75% of the each highlight clip focuses on her. You'll see her versatility--long-distance shots, rebounds, passes, fast breaks, lay-ups, post-ups, steals, blocks--pretty much everything but free throws (at which she is excellent).

If anyone wants to put the work into distilling a Saylor highlights video, that would be most welcome!

A few tips/thoughts: Saylor is #4 in White or Black, depending on where the game is. She is usually the tallest player on the floor and wears her long blonde hair in a ponytail. Once you watch a few videos, you can pick her out by how she moves. If there is a long pass for a layup, you can bet she threw it. You can see the teamwork and unselfish play. The versatility is obvious.

A couple of other things: You'll see her celebrate with her arms up in the air. She and Nika are alike in that way. Fun! Also, when driving left, Saylor has a tendency to protect the ball and twist her body back so she can shoot right-handed. That works at the HS live, but I see Geno and CD trying to change that.

1585274210110.png

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Much better. Middletown plays small schools. Mater Dei is a huge school and plays some of the best teams in California.

But I still love Saylor's game. She performed well with USA Basketball.

Mater Dei‘s OOC schedule is very impressive. They don’t waste precious non conference games playing “scrubs.” They only play other elite teams that will challenge them and make the better. When they play in the Tournament of Champions in Arizona during the Christmas holidays, they are always in a bracket with other teams of similar talent and size. Those elite teams are usually from different states. The TOC draws teams from coast to coast and border to border, including teams from Canada.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Saylor shows several facets of her game: her long range well beyond the arc, the ability to score off the dribble, lots of shot blocking, and being able to score with contact. One of her specialties--the 50' pass on the money--is not included in these highlights.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom