Saylor Poffenbarger calmly handles expectations | The Boneyard

Saylor Poffenbarger calmly handles expectations

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I can't imagine being 16 years old and having a Google search return 7,000 results about you. For Paige, that number must be 700,000. (Just guessing; I haven't checked.)

These kids will be media relations veterans before they even get to Storrs.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
17,000 a night? 13,000 on very good nights, 9,500 average. We sometimes forget about the internet criticism comments, of which we are sometimes accountable for. That said, she does get a target on her back by being associated with one of the great brands in all sports-UConn Women's Basketball. Heavy is the head that wears the crown. We will all enjoy you evolve, grow and lead with your skills and personality! Glad to have you aboard.
:)

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I can't imagine being 16 years old and having a Google search return 7,000 results about you. For Paige, that number must be 700,000. (Just guessing; I haven't checked.)

These kids will be media relations veterans before they even get to Storrs.

You made me curious...
Capture.JPG

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
17,000 a night? 13,000 on very good nights, 9,500 average. We sometimes forget about the internet criticism comments, of which we are sometimes accountable for. That said, she does get a target on her back by being associated with one of the great brands in all sports-UConn Women's Basketball. Heavy is the head that wears the crown. We will all enjoy you evolve, grow and lead with your skills and personality! Glad to have you aboard.
Well when Poffenbarger gets here, a year after Bueckers and Co arrive.....who knows? :cool: Tickets might be hard to come by.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She is built more like Anna than Paige. At 6'2" she could be a 2 or 3. As a Junior she could grow some but probably not much. She didn't shoot well in the U16s - 33 percent with 2s and 3s nearly equal - but not much of a sample, unfamiliar teammates, unfamiliar offensive sets. She looks like a good piece if the puzzle

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

When Paige plays and rounds into generational form, we will get that attendance up just in time for Saylor. :eek:

Reaction Score
It's a new day boneyarders. It's no longer just high school games. Club basketball, Nike, U14, 15, 16, 17, 18 tournaments, McDonalds All American games, instagram, facebook, you tube. The young men and women are now socially saturated. When I was 16 I didn't realize that the outside world existed outside of Pittsburgh until my mother took me to visit her sister in Cleveland for three days. I had to go through five years of intensive therapy but the memory of the city just stays in my psyche.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I just realized that Saylor lives in my old stomping grounds. I lived in Frederick Md in the late 80s and early 90s and Middletown was considered a Frederick "suburb" and Frederick was considered a suburb of DC...The area was experiencing a tremendous growth spurt at the time.
Back then the big bball HS was the men's program at St. John's at Prospect Hall, in Frederick.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom