Say what you want about Schiano.... | The Boneyard

Say what you want about Schiano....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
but, he has handled a difficult situation pretty well and much better than Edsall imo.

First off, he's got an NFL head coaching gig - the pinacle of his profession. Edsall's dream job turned nightmare is a far cry from that. If reports are to be believed, Schiano's AD has known about this for roughly a week, which suggests he and Schiano have a pretty good relationship. When his deal was inked he stayed in town and met with his coaches and players.

I know folks are hoping their recruiting class falls apart and they probably will lose a few recruits. But, it's late in the game and our recent history suggests that if you have a plan in place you can keep the class largely together. My guess is that they will.

Schiano has not burned any bridges near as I can tell. My sense is that there are not too many folks at UCONN who would sing Edsall's praises for the way he handled his departure.

Reaction Score
Fair post. The timing of Schiano's departure could not have been worse. But, he still somehow managed to do this the right way (leaving his assistants holding the bag at Bosco notwithstanding). He addressed his players and school eye to eye, man to man. Our coach didn't even return to clean out his office. He didn't blindside Pernetti.

When it came time for Randy to walk the walk he failed miserably. Young men. Responsibility. Honor. The right way. All rings hollow now. He has no credibility when he preaches like this anymore. Probably played into losing the team, the school, and the entire state of Maryland.

Reaction Score
Comparing him to Edsall is setting the bat pretty low.

Reaction Score
Schiano for all his worts, was a very impressive speaker if you ever heard him for an extended conversation. Randy made you cringe every time he spoke. Remember the joke on Zac Boyer? No surprise he handled it better, as Palatine says, Edsall was /is a public relations nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom