Say what u want about Whitmer... | The Boneyard

Say what u want about Whitmer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The kid did an phenomenal job today! Looked like a completely different player out there. If he continues to play like he did today, he gives us the best chance to win. Unless that changes, Boyle may have to wait until spring camp to get in the game. Great effort!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The kid did an phenomenal job today! Looked like a completely different player out there. If he continues to play like he did today, he gives us the best chance to win. Unless that changes, Boyle may have to wait until spring camp to get in the game. Great effort!

I'm with you 100%. He's done a solid job. I always crack up when I read through the Game Thread after a game. It's like a psychologist's experiment. You have people bad-mouthing the hell out of Whitmer for about an hour or so, only to follow that up with a "yeah, I guess he's okay...". One day, maybe he'll get the respect he deserves here...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I am a very interesting man. I don't often speak poorly of Whtimer, but when I do, he proves that I'm an idiot and throws a TD!
And thus we get to the heart of the problem!

Reaction Score
He has done a great job of playing with in the system. Anyone including myself has to take back any negative thoughts expressed about him. Had he not stayed, with CC going down, we would be in very very deep dog poop. A very big thank you to CW and all sharing the QB position and buying into BD's future of the position and the program.

Reaction Score
CW has "some success" when the line gives him time (duh!) AND he steps up in the pocket. Start bailing out of pocket right or left and his effective drops almost to zero. Just stay in the pocket son.

Reaction Score
Lets not over hype the kid. He still leaves a lot to be desired. He made the plays that he needed to make, has a big heart, seems to be a great leader and he is the best that we've got right now. I'm happy as long as we see Foxx and the wild husky for 30 to 40% of the snaps. Without Foxx at QB we lose this game today. Whitmer is what he is. We shouldn't expect too much of him. He can be solid as long as we mix in Foxx. If we get 2 scoring drives per game from Whitmer he has done his job.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Whitmer is pretty good with protection, which he had most of today. Also, there was a story floating among the 50 of us who actually sat through the whole game that Boyle is being used the way he is to hide the fact that he supposedly has a broken foot. How making teams think Boyle is in good health will make teams more reluctant to put hits on Whitmer I don't understand. It only exposes Boyle to looking bad and maybe more injury. Strange use of Boyle even if the injury story isn't true.

Reaction Score
Whitmer is pretty good with protection, which he had most of today. Also, there was a story floating among the 50 of us who actually sat through the whole game that Boyle is being used the way he is to hide the fact that he supposedly has a broken foot. How making teams think Boyle is in good health will make teams more reluctant to put hits on Whitmer I don't understand. It only exposes Boyle to looking bad and maybe more injury. Strange use of Boyle even if the injury story isn't true.

That theory sounds like it's straight from the flask being passed around.

Reaction Score
But let's not forget it took Foxx to get us going. Whether you like the wildcat or not, it made a HUGE difference today.

The pass protection was outstanding as well. It was a team victory.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

Nah, it's just much of the same on the Boneyard. Whitmer is what he is, we shouldn't expect too much from him, he's only good if the line gives him time (duh!), and Boyle is playing the way he is because his foot must be broken. This entire thread is a microcosm of the ridiculous criticism that Chandler Whitmer takes. I heard Chandler has moved into the top5 all time UConn throwers, and will likely also be the least appreciated of the 5...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
But let's not forget it took Foxx to get us going. Whether you like the wildcat or not, it made a HUGE difference today.

It's always a team victory. Just like it's always a team loss.

But I know that it would absolutely break you if you had to admit that the kid played a good game. Make sure to avoid doing that, and make sure to qualify the victory with as many things as you can to avoid saying the kid played a good game. Keep fighting the good fight, Pal...

Reaction Score

IT IS NOT A WILDCAT !!!!
IT IS A WILD DOG OPTION !!! Proper english please Pal...

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Nah, it's just much of the same on the Boneyard. Whitmer is what he is, we shouldn't expect too much from him, he's only good if the line gives him time (duh!), and Boyle is playing the way he is because his foot must be broken. This entire thread is a microcosm of the ridiculous criticism that Chandler Whitmer takes. I heard Chandler has moved into the top5 all time UConn throwers, and will likely also be the least appreciated of the 5...
Almost the Taliek Brown of Husky football :)

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The flask was way too big for the crowd. Pathetic no shows and early departures if this game was too cold what will Dev 6 be like. If people didn't dress right for the weather they should be ashamed.

But, as I said, broken foot or not, the use of Boyle adds nothing to the team production or his confidence. Since almost al of his possessions are 3 and out, one wonders if he would be left in to complete an extended drive. Foxx, on the other hand, changed the game. Not just his great run, his presence clearly caused a problem for what has been a good defensive team. I don't care that he's a senior because he isn't taking minutes from Boyle, he's taking minutes from Whitmer and gives the opponent's D something different to look at.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
It's always a team victory. Just like it's always a team loss.

But I know that it would absolutely break you if you had to admit that the kid played a good game. Make sure to avoid doing that, and make sure to qualify the victory with as many things as you can to avoid saying the kid played a good game. Keep fighting the good fight, Pal...

Couldn't say it any better man. Team wins, team losses unless you're Palatine where any loss is one player's fault. What a tool he has been this season.

Reaction Score
Whitmer extended drives with his running as well as Foxx and this is nice to see. UConn joining the ranks of the running QB rather than the pro prototype. Chandler played a gutty game but we don't win w/o Foxx today. Haven't looked at the stats but Chandler made quite a few nice throws today to all areas of the field. He was psyched after the game and deservedly so. The team won on the day to honor Jazz against a team that routed us last year.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Lets not over hype the kid. He still leaves a lot to be desired. He made the plays that he needed to make, has a big heart, seems to be a great leader and he is the best that we've got right now. I'm happy as long as we see Foxx and the wild husky for 30 to 40% of the snaps. Without Foxx at QB we lose this game today. Whitmer is what he is. We shouldn't expect too much of him. He can be solid as long as we mix in Foxx. If we get 2 scoring drives per game from Whitmer he has done his job.

Sounds like a few good reasons to give the kid some hype after a big win. Especially because he's had his teeth knocked in on the field and on The Boneyard all year.

Reaction Score
It's funny when posters say "without Foxx we lose this game".

They just can't compliment Whitmer. They have to make qualifying comments and back-handed compliments.

By the way, without Whitmer, we lose this game today. Without Adams we lose this game today. Without many others stepping up and playing well, we lose this game today.

It sucks that this kid gets all the blame for the losses and several posters still go out of their way to avoid giving him credit when it's due.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Whitmer's throw to Thomas that he caught in stride for the TD was beautiful. I thought it was either going over Thomas or gonna be picked and then BAM, There's Noel catching the ball in stride and in the endzone. CW again made me eat crow for calling for Boyle and putting CW on the bench. I hope he keeps it up. If anything, games like today show his ability to lead the team to victory and should keep building his confidence! I like our chances in most of our remaining schedule.

Reaction Score

They just can't compliment Whitmer. They have to make qualifying comments and back-handed compliments.

By the way, without Whitmer, we lose this game today. Without Adams
we lohhhhhhse this game today. Without many others stepping up and playing w
ell, we lose this game today.

It sucks that this kid gets all the blame for the losses and several posters still go out of their way to avoid giving him credit when it's due.

By the way, without Whitmer, we lose this game today. Without Adams we lose this game today. Without many others stepping up and playing well, we lose this game today.

Sorry but I call bully snow. Some of you feel the need to prop the kid up because he's taken a beating and rightfully so on this board.

He made a few plays today. He only turned the ball over once and he wasted fewer plays than usual due to happy feet and indecisivenes in the pocket. He didn't lose the game for us. He has provided a legitimate passing threat in the last two games. All good things.

But many of you in this thread are completely ignoring that the MAJOR difference in our offense today....the reason that we scored 37 points....the reason that we finally got our running game going....the reason we won was Foxx. Yes it was a team effort but if Whitmer plays the entire game we lose. So its not a backhanded compliment, its just facts. I'm proud of the offensive line and happy to see Whitmer make a few plays but it was a collective effort at QB and if we're going to win more games we will need to see a lot more of Foxx.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Whitmer's throw to Thomas that he caught in stride for the TD was beautiful. I thought it was either going over Thomas or gonna be picked and then BAM,

We had a perfect view of that play. Once the ball was thrown, my brother says (with a hint of incredulousness) "He's got it!" And he did, it was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom