Savon Huggins - allow us to introduce you to Obi Melifonwu | The Boneyard

Savon Huggins - allow us to introduce you to Obi Melifonwu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Insert your 'he used the force' joke here. Stole the pic from Nan but we felt this hit all the way up in our section

uconnfootball-jpg.4343

Reaction Score
I think Obi could develop into an exceptional speed blitzer, he has the shoulders of a linebacker. At 6'4'' he could probably be converted to linebacker. We do have some depth at safety and little depth at LB.

This year's staff whiffed on using him as a blitzer.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The horrible play to allow the TD on the fake FG juxtaposed against that tackle sums up where Obi is right now.
Equal parts great and bad.

Reaction Score
I think Obi could develop into an exceptional speed blitzer, he has the shoulders of a linebacker. At 6'4'' he could probably be converted to linebacker. We do have some depth at safety and little depth at LB.

This year's staff whiffed on using him as a blitzer.

I also wondered about a conversion to LB.

Reaction Score
One of the better non-Notre Dame tackles.
This hit by Obi and this one by Blidi, two of my favorites outside of the Lloyd hit...oh and the Donald Brown stiff arming abuse of the Cincy DB's

Reaction Score
This hit by Obi and this one by Blidi, two of my favorites outside of the Lloyd hit...oh and the Donald Brown stiff arming abuse of the Cincy DB's

Can't find the video but Reggie blowing up the Buffalo receiver in the International Bowl and Deon Anderson blowing up the kickoff return wall (can't remember the opponent) at the Rent

Reaction Score
Can't find the video but Reggie blowing up the Buffalo receiver in the International Bowl and Deon Anderson blowing up the kickoff return wall (can't remember the opponent) at the Rent
Great call on Reggie-miss having him out there! As for the team Deon Anderson blew up, I remember it well. That team was "ALL OF THEM."

Reaction Score
If that is the back of the end zone view of the play I'm even more dismayed. Saw the replay several times and I still can't figure out how the ball got to the receiver.

Holy smokes. Obi has position, leverage, height.......but not the ball. How did that happen?

Reaction Score
Holy smokes. Obi has position, leverage, height.......but not the ball. How did that happen?
Watching that live and on the replay, I thought if Obi, didn't make a play on that ball it was going to be an over throw and turnover on downs. As Obi brought the ball down, Kroft got his hands in there and stole it. Nice play by him, and at the time I thought was a bad omen for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom