Saturday's Game - 11am - bars open? | The Boneyard

Saturday's Game - 11am - bars open?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone have any intel on when and what bars will be open prior to the tip on Saturday? Think I will help energize the crowd with a few buddies for this one.

Any news on tickets - our plan is to scalp and head to the 300's anyway to relax and yell at the refs! LOL

Reaction Score
Wife got me and my dad a pair on stub for Christmas. Might need a coffee rather than a beer for the start.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
as much as I hate an 11 AM tip, I'm happy I'll have plenty of time to prepare for the Pats game

if these games were being played at the same time, I might have gone postal

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Does anyone have any intel on when and what bars will be open prior to the tip on Saturday? Think I will help energize the crowd with a few buddies for this one.

Any news on tickets - our plan is to scalp and head to the 300's anyway to relax and yell at the refs! LOL
300s? Where are those?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I actually don't remember an 11am home game tip-off - the earliest has usually been 12pm.

I will need to leave my home pretty early Sat coming up from NYC.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
BTW Mau, since you're planning to be there early anyway, and you want to do some drinking and don't have tickets yet, you would seem to be in prime position to secure a table or group of seats in the new sports bar area. Buy the crappiest, cheapest seats you can find, get there early and grab seats in the bar, which are a pretty decent view (basically, it's the top 1/3 of sections 120, 121, 122 and 123). NB: There are different beers on tap at the three different bars in that area, in case that matters to you. For example, I believe that Two Roads Lil' Heaven (the beer I look for there) is only in the bar closest to section 123.

Reaction Score
The Rockinghorse has been opening nice and early for mid-day games like the Federal used to. Not sure about this Saturday yet.

Reaction Score
BTW Mau, since you're planning to be there early anyway, and you want to do some drinking and don't have tickets yet, you would seem to be in prime position to secure a table or group of seats in the new sports bar area. Buy the crappiest, cheapest seats you can find, get there early and grab seats in the bar, which are a pretty decent view (basically, it's the top 1/3 of sections 120, 121, 122 and 123). NB: There are different beers on tap at the three different bars in that area, in case that matters to you. For example, I believe that Two Roads Lil' Heaven (the beer I look for there) is only in the bar closest to section 123.

Better get there early.

Mau - let me know what you end up doing before/during the game. I'm sure we'll be at the Rockinghorse after.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I wondered the same thing. I will be spending all day in Hartford. Basketball game then rush to find a bar seat to watch the Pats then head back into the XL for hockey against UMass-Lowell at 7. I don't even spend this much time in Hartford when I have to go into the office!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Better get there early.
That's what I wonder--how early, especially for an 11 game? I had a great seat for the Temple game so I wasn't looking to grab one in the bar, but I checked it out beforehand to grab a Lil' Heaven and scope out the scene. It was probably 12:50 (for a 1:00 start) and all the bar stools along the edge were taken, but there were still a few tables left and people were just starting to fill them up. I was surprised that they were still available, as were bar seats.

I was probably there at 12:30 (again for a 1:00 tip) for the CCSU game and it was pretty much the same, with no seats at the edge but a few tables still available.

So, I don't know how early you have to get there for seats on the edge, but I'm guessing an hour in advance would give you some pretty good options.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Good luck...last year during a Saturday noon game, I couldn't find a bar that was open before 11AM. Down town Hartford used to cater more towards the basketball events in years past but last year wasn't so good in terms of bars opening enough time before game time. Black Bear is usually pretty good about opening an hour before the game, I guess I'm one of the few savages that wants to pregame for more than an hour before I go scream for my Huskies

Reaction Score
Good luck...last year during a Saturday noon game, I couldn't find a bar that was open before 11AM. Down town Hartford used to cater more towards the basketball events in years past but last year wasn't so good in terms of bars opening enough time before game time. Black Bear is usually pretty good about opening an hour before the game, I guess I'm one of the few savages that wants to pregame for more than an hour before I go scream for my Huskies

Rockinghorse Salloon next door to the Russian Lady has been open by 11:30 AM for the last two games which were 1 PM tip offs. Pretty sure the Lady was open als snethe are owned by h ame guys. Probably Tavern Downtown also.

Reaction Score
For those not going and in lower Fairfield County, Matty's in Black Rock will be open at 8:30

Reaction Score
This board's alcoholism never ceases to amaze me.

You'd think we're Cuse fans with the amount of heavy drinkers.

Ha. I'm sure, for a lot of us, that this all started in Storrs CT.
15+ years ago when I was on campus, there wasn't much to do in Storrs except for drinking/partying in the dorms.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
This board's alcoholism never ceases to amaze me.

You'd think we're Cuse fans with the amount of heavy drinkers.
Have you watched this team shoot the ball?

Reaction Score
Does anyone have any intel on when and what bars will be open prior to the tip on Saturday?

11am start, hmm Mau you searching for the Boneyard alcoholics?

Reminds me when I used to work in Manhattan and get off the train, would look in the bar windows and see people sitting on the stools @ 7am.

Reaction Score
Thanks everyone. alex will let you know on my plans - I like the 8893 idea of the new bar area just wished I knew what time would be safe. Love the Dunk and their bar - watched the game that Omar hit the 3 to send it to OT at that bar upstairs PCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom