Saturday is a Big Game | The Boneyard

Saturday is a Big Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I do want to get to 20 wins.

I do want to have a winning record in the conference.

I don't want to go into the offseason on a 4 game losing streak.

And I don't want to lose to those delusional whiners up I-95. Those four probably in reverse order.

I thus very much hope Shabazz can give it a go on Saturday, and, whether he does or does not, I hope anyone in the Gampel crowd gives it extra energy to try to will whomever is playing to victory.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I'm afraid we may have to suck it up regarding existing in cyberland with our eastern neighbors on I-95.
My guess is if Bazz didn't suit up, last night, he still won't be ready Saturday.
Now, Olander left the court last nite on crutches. OC's wrist isn't getting any better. On the positive side Daniels is doing terrific, and Nolan is contributing nicely, setting things up for a positive soph season.A

Reaction Score
I hope Bazz plays so we can give him a standing O when he comes off and we're up 13 with 1 minute to go.

Reaction Score
We have a good guard, good forward and serviceable big man (Nolan). If they play the game of their lives and get some help with some of the others, we can win. It all depends on how Boat, DD and Nolan play. If Evans in his last collegiate game plays out of his mind we are victorious.

I'd love to bookend this year with 2 significant victories : MSU and Providence (team reasons). A loss will not dilute our success but a home victory, with all that has happened, would be most heavenly and long lasting.

We do need that 6th man like never before. We fans must do our job, Saturday.

Dreams do come true.

Reaction Score
Would love to win but if Bazz/Calhoun are out (which they should be)....with 6 players it's very tough...especially when 4 of the 6 barely saw the floor most of the year...Boat, Daniels, Nolan, Evans, Tolksdorf, Allen. It will take 15/20 from 3 to win.

Reaction Score
We are limping into this game. Love 20 wins but at the very least I can be sure of the fact we will not have to give one rats ass about Pc for much longer. That is a W in itself.

Reaction Score
It isn't that big a deal. Its one of those situations where a win would be sweet, but mostly because it would be unexpected. As far as losing 4 straight, the way I look at it, only 2 teams, well maybe a couple more with some of those off brand tournies now, but almost every team ends its season with a loss, so no biggie if we do. If we had thes einjuries in a normal season we wouldn't expect to win. The Big East regular season is so important that for a number of years it wasn't even recognized by the LEAGUE. They went back in around 2002 and gave regular season awards to the winners going back about 8 years. So winning or losing the final regular season big East game, given what has happened has no particular significance to me. We've wanted out for several years now anyway. good bye. good riddance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom