Satisfied, Who's Satisfied | The Boneyard

Satisfied, Who's Satisfied

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Not Nika.

“I just think I have to do every aspect of the game much better,” Muhl said Tuesday before UConn traveled to No. 19 Arkansas. “Starting from the smallest things to the biggest things, I just think I have to continue improving in practice first and then transfer it to games. I’m not satisfied with any of the things that I did in Saturday’s game.”

Evina's observations are interesting: “She’s one of the toughest people I’ve encountered,” said redshirt junior Evina Westbrook, who is also known for her toughness. “Super gritty, puts her body on the line at any moment for any play. And to have someone on your team like that that you know is going to give their all, you want people like that on your team. She’s been like that day in and day out. Yes, she’s going to make mistakes. Yes, she’s going to turn the ball over. But when you can substitute that with someone who plays hard all the time, I’ll take that risk.”

CW too: “I thought she had a great practice [Tuesday], and it was a step in the right direction,” Christyn Williams said. “I still struggle as a junior with consistency, so I completely understand. Everything’s new [as a freshman]. I have talked to her and I just told her, ‘Keep pushing, keep giving 100 percent effort. And if you do that, [Auriemma’s] not going to say anything. Coach isn’t going to get mad if you’re giving 100 percent effort.’”

Reaction Score
Love the mindset and the other players perspective on Nika, especially on the mistakes part. So many players get afraid of making mistakes out there on the court and they lose their confidence. Just play thru the mistakes. Play without fear.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Now if she can just slow down from 100mph with her hair on fire to 90...;)
This is almost literally what turned Sandy Koufax into a great pitcher. He was 36-40 in his first six seasons in the majors. Then a coach convinced him to take about 5 mph off his fastball (more like from 95 to 90), his control got better, and he eventually had maybe the four best years a pitcher ever had.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Comprehensive supplemental story on Nika with input from her family (Darko)

“Since she was a little kid, she’s stubborn as hell,” he said. “Sometimes that’s good, sometimes that’s bad for her. Sometimes it goes in her benefit, but sometimes it causes problems. She needs to be mature enough to figure it out. … She will learn to loosen up a bit. She can’t always be smarter.”

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Comprehensive supplemental story on Nika with input from her family (Darko)

“Since she was a little kid, she’s stubborn as hell,” he said. “Sometimes that’s good, sometimes that’s bad for her. Sometimes it goes in her benefit, but sometimes it causes problems. She needs to be mature enough to figure it out. … She will learn to loosen up a bit. She can’t always be smarter.”
Ha. Makes me wonder if they locked the door when she left for the airport.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom