Sappy Thanksgiving! post | The Boneyard

Sappy Thanksgiving! post

Reaction Score
Good evening! I hope everyone has enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving with their family, friends, and fur babies (if applicable ;)) Tonight, I was browsing through some ESPN articles and stumbled upon the story of Aliyah’s commitment to SC. I’m not sure if it’s been shared already but I hadn’t seen it until now (although by the time I finish, someone may have posted it Link) Generally speaking, when a player transfers or recruit chooses another school, I wish her the best and don’t continue posting about the topic. But there were a couple things in the article that made me smile and thought I’d share...

1.The Huskies' presence on her home island the week she declined their scholarship offer could have made for an awkward experience, but Boston said coach Geno Auriemma was extremely gracious when she called him.
"He wished me the best," Boston said. "[McGraw and McGuff] were the same way.

2. “On Monday, for example, Boston and her teammates read books to preschool children. Rebuilding a community center that was torn down last year by Hurricane Maria is also on the agenda, and the team plans to help feed the homeless on Thursday.
"Everyone deserves a plate of food, especially on Thanksgiving," Boston said.”

As I get older, my perspective on life keeps evolving. Over the past ten years, I have dealt with a lot of loss personally while professionally, I often help families cope with the similar type of situation. One of the best ways I manage to stay afloat is to find the positives in every situation and give it some perspective (as cliche as that sounds). So when I feel like a certain situation “sucks” (eg. My favorite team losing a national semifinal on a buzzer beater or losing out on a top recruit) I remind myself that this is truly a “first world problem” and list off all the reasons why I am proud of UCONN, happy for Arike, happy to have fresh water, blah blah blah ;).

So before I get OT, I just wanted to say that yes, us fans and coaches are disappointed that Aliyah chose another school. But it’s great to see to that Geno (plus MM +Kevin) were so kind and gracious to her and respected the decision (not that I ever doubted this, but it’s good to see it in writing sometimes). And moreover, it’s so amazing to see young individuals like Aliyah and her classmates helping others who are still hurting and need assistance. It’s just another reminder that there’s is a whole world outside of basketball and that the future is in good hands...

With that, I am also thankful for such a great group of people here on the BY (both husky fans and beyond). Although we may debate and occasionally argue, we all love our team, the game, and support WBB! Ok... now back to posting only gifs..:rolleyes:

“In a world where you can be anything... be KIND”

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom