OT: Santa Anita | The Boneyard

OT: Santa Anita

Reaction Score
I wasn't aware it had reopened. Let's see for how long they get shut down now. Santa Anita is the 737 Max 8 of horse tracks.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
this doesn't make much sense to me why are these horses dying here?

Reaction Score
They don't. A bunch of horses race each other.
Arent there people on top of them? If the horses were led to the gate would they just run around the track in circles on their own? If so, why have a jockey? Don't people own the horses and by virtue they race them? Doesn't the jockey who rides on top of the horse race the horse? Isn't the jockey a person? Aren't persons people?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think this is going to lead to it's eventual abolishment

Reaction Score
Arent there people on top of them? If the horses were led to the gate would they just run around the track in circles on their own? If so, why have a jockey? Don't people own the horses and by virtue they race them? Doesn't the jockey who rides on top of the horse race the horse? Isn't the jockey a person? Aren't persons people?
All true statements, but horse racing is strange in that all the horses are technically the “athletes”, and the horses are worth tens of millions more than the jockeys who ride them.

Something is obviously going on behind the scenes at Santa Anita. Horse racing I think will eventually fade out, but it will take some time. If you look at it, theres not many young people involved in horse racing, including the people who show up to the tracks and wager at OTB.

Reaction Score
All true statements, but horse racing is strange in that all the horses are technically the “athletes”, and the horses are worth tens of millions more than the jockeys who ride them.

Something is obviously going on behind the scenes at Santa Anita. Horse racing I think will eventually fade out, but it will take some time. If you look at it, theres not many young people involved in horse racing, including the people who show up to the tracks and wager at OTB.
Because horses don't tweet .

Reaction Score
Rich people will still support horse racing. As they do the NFL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom