Sanogo & The little things | The Boneyard

Sanogo & The little things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's only two games in, but like many I'm really impressed with the big guy. There was one play, and it seems insignificant, but it really impressed me. The penetrator with the ball got him up in the air, but while he had one hand up to block a potential shot, he also had his other hand out in the passing lane.
This used to frustrate me with Brimah. Brimah would go up, but make himself 'skinny' by keeping one hand at his side, or go up big with both hands for a 'volleyball' block.

I just thought it was a smart play by Sanogo and don't think it's taught enough to big men at any amateur level.

VA Blue Dog

VA Blue Dog
Reaction Score
Very impressed especially with his quickness. When he gets that ball inside he thinks score. Seems to go easily right or left. Good rebounder. He is a stud and can will only get better with more time.

Reaction Score
Very impressed especially with his quickness. When he gets that ball inside he thinks score. Seems to go easily right or left. Good rebounder. He is a stud and can will only get better with more time.
But he seems to have the sense to kick it out if nothing is there.

Reaction Score
Sanogo had 11 minutes. Never want to see that again because the kid needs floor time even if he effs up. Pretend he‘s Okafor.
I think Sanogo lost a few minutes because of Whaley's play in the second half. HIs speed and leaping ability had a big impact during the second half. Sanogo will get his minutes.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
He doesn't have those hands of stone that one of our other bigs has ;)

Reaction Score
It's only two games in, but like many I'm really impressed with the big guy. There was one play, and it seems insignificant, but it really impressed me. The penetrator with the ball got him up in the air, but while he had one hand up to block a potential shot, he also had his other hand out in the passing lane.
This used to frustrate me with Brimah. Brimah would go up, but make himself 'skinny' by keeping one hand at his side, or go up big with both hands for a 'volleyball' block.

I just thought it was a smart play by Sanogo and don't think it's taught enough to big men at any amateur level.
I Love Sanogo as well. At this point, I think Whaley is still much better. I also think Akok is better than him. Hopefully Sanogo stays a few years and really turns into a dominant force.

Reaction Score
I Love Sanogo as well. At this point, I think Whaley is still much better. I also think Akok is better than him. Hopefully Sanogo stays a few years and really turns into a dominant force.
Akok doesn’t have Sanogo’s strength, but he shoots and blocks better. I don’t see Akok mixing it up inside the same way as Sanogo. Different players, different position.

Reaction Score
With his soft hands, girth, intensity and baby hook, I don't see any reason why Sanogo can't be good for 10-15 pts/night. He's a space eater

Reaction Score
With his soft hands, girth, intensity and baby hook, I don't see any reason why Sanogo can't be good for 10-15 pts/night. He's a space eater
He needs to really practice free throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69