Sanogo is going to be my favorite player on this team | The Boneyard

Sanogo is going to be my favorite player on this team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was wrong I admit it. I thought Hurley would be loyal to Carlton but Sanogo won’t allow it. Let’s see 2nd half.
There's one. Was wondering where the Carlton would start, he's a senior crowd was.

But honestly if Whaley earns and gonna hold down starting center and Sanogo can hold up defensively at the 5. That opens up a world of possibilities are PF. Polley, Akok, Martin, Jackson, Springs

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well, he's definitely not a pogo but he sure takes up space and grabs rebounds. And I was pleasantly surprised that he showed some rudimentary low post moves. Its been a while since we had a brute like him.

Reaction Score
We'll see if it lasts once Martin and Akok are also playing, but Jackson got a lot of minutes at the 4. That's gonna push Carlton even further down the list for minutes

Reaction Score
Nice debut. It's great to have some legit muscle in our frontcourt again. With his style of play and the propensity of freshman bigs to get into foul trouble I imagine Whaley will continue to start and get the most minutes at the half but Sanogo will be a beast for us the next four years.

it's such a luxury to have this kind of depth in the frontcourt. It was debated this summer how much Carlton will play but it looks like he'll be completely out of the rotation once Akok returns.

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly it took Carlton some time in each of the last few seasons to really get into the swing of things. I think given Sanogo’s inexperience and Akok needing time to come back from the injury there is going to be minutes for Carlton. Its going to up to him to prove himself in the time he does get early on. I still think he can be an an asset of the bench and being a senior he should have some leadership qualities for the younger guys.

Reaction Score
Amazing how Carlton is under the bus from you all. He still has skills.

Reaction Score
It's not a case of being thrown under the bus, it's a case of us having a bunch of better players than him. Cole, Gaffney, Bouknight, Adams, Polley, Jackson, Martin, Whaley, Sanogo, Akok soon. That's 10 players that need minutes. The only position Carlton can play is center and we have 2 centers who are a lot better than him. I just don't see where the minutes come from except for spot minutes when in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Adama is so strong, a great rebounder, and has a soft touch around the basket. In 1-2 years he is gonna be a top 5 big in the country

Reaction Score
It’s all about talent at every level of sports, and JC doesn’t have the talent too keep up. That’s actually a good thing. A lot of folks forget that Josh was only a three star recruit. KO needed size and got him. No knock on this kid, but Carlton got a lot of PT because of everything this program was going/went through.

Reaction Score
It's not a case of being thrown under the bus, it's a case of us having a bunch of better players than him. Cole, Gaffney, Bouknight, Adams, Polley, Jackson, Martin, Whaley, Sanogo, Akok soon. That's 10 players that need minutes. The only position Carlton can play is center and we have 2 centers who are a lot better than him. I just don't see where the minutes come from except for spot minutes when in foul trouble.
FACTS

I thought Sanogo might have to play most of his minutes at PF. And Carlton would be first off the bench at Center.

Wasn't expecting Sanogo to be the backup up center but he looked good for game 1. His low post defensive will need to be about using his strength to prevent his man from getting to his spot and then maintaining defensive position to contest shots. I don't think he has quick leaping and shot blocking in his arsenal.

Reaction Score
I always rooted for Josh. He has skills, just slow afoot. What I like most is that he is a great teammate. When Javonte scores last night, he was genuinely happy and clapping for him. Someone else would have been upset, that someone else was doing well at his position.
I really think ( hope) that there will be situations when Josh gets an opportunity to shine this year . Happy and safe thanksgiving to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom