Sanogo can NOT get two fouls beyond the arc. | The Boneyard

Sanogo can NOT get two fouls beyond the arc.

Reaction Score
Yes, he did a good job of playing with fouls today. He was great today.

But he shouldn't have had to worry about playing with fouls. That would allowed his inside defensive to be more aggressive. To have a stronger interior presence.

He never really does much on the deep hedge, it just draws him away from the basket. So why keep running him out there and have him picking up fouls for nothing? This has got to stop.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
He played great in OT with 4 fouls against Auburn, too.

Reaction Score
Wish they would ask Hurley. Whaley gets burned also.
I think Whaley is disruptive and has caused TOs on the deep hedge. There is some advantage to it.

But Sanogo gives us nothing out there. And I agree the press should ask Hurley about it.

Reaction Score
I’ve been beating that drum for a while. The high hedge does not seem to be working in our favor.

Reaction Score
I really don't understand this idea that half the board has about the hard hedge not working. I keep trying to watch and see but I just don't see it, our defense has largely been really good Hurley's whole tenure

Reaction Score
I am not defending it, simply explaining it
Stop blaming Hurley. He doesn’t commit the stupid fouls. The hedgers responsibility is to disrupt the play. Not reach in.

Reaction Score
I saw Whaley, Akok, Sanogo, and Martin get called for fouls while attempting to block shots. Let’s stop that too!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yes, he did a good job of playing with fouls today. He was great today.

But he shouldn't have had to worry about playing with fouls. That would allowed his inside defensive to be more aggressive. To have a stronger interior presence.

He never really does much on the deep hedge, it just draws him away from the basket. So why keep running him out there and have him picking up fouls for nothing? This has got to stop.
From many of our minds and lips and into a large black hole in the coaching staff's ears

I said it 2 times in the chat and someone responded that was hoe Hurley coaches - if so, idiotic - Sanogo has horrible lateral movement and reaches to compensate - it's been going on since he got here and is allowed to continue

Reaction Score
Stop blaming Hurley. He doesn’t commit the stupid fouls. The hedgers responsibility is to disrupt the play. Not reach in.
You may not be aware of this, but the coach is suppose to put players in a position to succeed and keep them out of positions that set them up for failure. The coach needs to analyse what a player does well and what he does poorly and have them play to their strength and avoid their weaknesses.

So yes, I do blame Hurley for misusing Sanogo by having him on the deep hedge. It's Hurley's call.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
donnie covered it on the broadcast when he said 'sanogo should just present around the player, and not reach in.'
adama will get it.
he grows from game to game. today, he flushed with his left in the most natural and comfortable way. news. also, and for the first time to my eyes, he had a little rhythm going with akok. for example, he hit akok with a pass when cook was camping beyond the 3. swish! iffn isiah was in that spot based on that play - no pass, no 3.
these things take time.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They were both legit calls and bad plays by Sanogo.

Sanogo was a beast defensively the entire second half.

The call was fine. The decision to have him outside the 3 point line is what is questionable. Seton Hall plays a center that couldn’t find the rim from 8 feet away. There is no reason for UConn’s 5 to ever leave the paint against that team. That includes Whaley when he is the 5. Whatever minor value comes from disrupting ball screens is far less than the value of a shot blocker in the paint. Every team UConn plays knows it and schemes against it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom