Sanogo and Jackson Have The Title of Captain | The Boneyard

Sanogo and Jackson Have The Title of Captain

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hurley named Sanogo and Jackson as the captains.
During this wretched skid for us fans (I'll assume at least some of the players are ticked off too) Hawkins has become much more vocal and animated on the court and in the huddle.
During this skid Hawkins has had 5, 6, 1, 6, 5 and 6 rebounds. Ironically the game with 1 board was the win against Creighton.

Do I wish Hawkins was better off the dribble? Sure. I liked his aggressiveness looking for his shot tonight. And, while he isn't the emost stout 1 v1 defender he is getting his nose in there and putting in effort.

We all have different favs for pro teams and we all have Sen our teams go from high to low real quick and almost without fail, part of the post mortem is locker room tension.

I'm not gonna trash any players but it appears Hawkins is trying to take on the role of vocal leader.

We'll see how it ays out.

Reaction Score
I like your optimism about Hawkins. But I see no leadership on this team. The second half was a rudderless ship that was taking on water from the start of the half when the team just couldn’t find ways to get stops. Leadership would have found a way to get a win on the road. We have no Bazz, no Kemba, no AJ Price, no Emeka, Caron or KEA. No dogs like Boat or Ricky.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I like your optimism about Hawkins. But I see no leadership on this team. The second half was a rudderless ship that was taking on water from the start of the half when the team just couldn’t find ways to get stops. Leadership would have found a way to get a win on the road. We have no Bazz, no Kemba, no AJ Price, no Emeka, Caron or KEA. No dogs like Boat or Ricky.

It wasn't optimism or pessimism.

Just an observation that he is trying something we haven't seen yet from him- vocal leader.

Reaction Score
It was odd before that last possession to see him up yelling and such in the huddle.

Reaction Score
Hawkins has definitely taken on the leadership role in the huddle. You can tell how much he cares and wants to win

Another thing I’ve noticed is that he’s one of the only guys that is willing to break the play and make a move based on what the defense is doing. He doesn’t have the ballhandling skill yet to take over games with it or just get the ball and iso, but it’s really good to see

Reaction Score
I hope they have a captains meeting on the calendar.

They need to reset and get back to playing with energy and grit. The second half game energy hasn’t been there since the first half of the season.

Reaction Score
Our two worst players in terms of overall lack of impact on both ends of the court are our 2 captains.
I’ll take that comment back. They clearly aren’t the 2 worst. And definitely said that when I was frustrated.

However, Hurley asked them to be captains because of their work ethic and culture.

It’s time for them both to really dig deep and look at themselves in the mirror and adjust their games.

Reaction Score
I don't think this team should have a captain. No one on this roster provides the leadership that comes with the title "Captain". The Yankees went years without a captain because it's an honor that shouldn't be given out lightly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom