Sanogo and Clingan One/Two Punch Knockout | The Boneyard

Sanogo and Clingan One/Two Punch Knockout

Reaction Score
Enjoy them while we can. To me these two are the biggest reason we are in the Final Four. Sure the others contribute significantly but when our best player is off the court we are not losing anything when we sub. To make matters more interesting is that they present two different challenges, both offensively and defensively. Sanogo and Clingan, I would bet that they made each other exponentially better during the season. Sanogo mastered how to play against 7 footers and Clingan simply just grew up faster practicing daily against his All BE 1st team teammate. Also I can't recall Sanogo fouling out and certainly not as much as seasons' past. Thanks to Clingan, Coach can manage Sanogo's fouls, rest and even his mistakes.

Oh and the per game stat combined 24pts/ 13rebs/ 2.6 Blks from our Center position is astounding!

Anyway, these two are a nightmare to prepare for and certain death if you have limited time (e.g. Tourney). I say these two are the biggest reason we reached the FF, simply because Sanogo is able to get good rest, and then return to dominate an overwhelmed and exhausted opponent. Usually Centers get winded the quickest, so 2nd halfs are Sanogo's.

Championship or not, these two will be the greatest starter/relief tandem in our program's history. Enjoy the next 2 games Yarders, not sure if we'll ever see this again.
Providence vs UConn: 2022-23 college basketball game preview, TV 3,200 × 2,018

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I believe Jackson has the biggest impact of all the players and it’s not close. Jackson is the reason they play unselfish basketball. Hurley is also a big reason but Jackson is the general on the court and everyone falls in line behind him.
I also agree that the center position is interchangeable because of how good Clingan is in out of conference games and the two together are a big reason why we are in the final 4.

Reaction Score
Can’t wait to see what Clingan brings next year which unfortunately will likely be his last with us. I expect some perimeter jump shooting plus a bigger and stronger Clingan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom