Saniya's first WNBA assist | The Boneyard

Saniya's first WNBA assist

Reaction Score
Saniya got a decent amount of time in her first game, playing a significant role when she was in and carrying the ball quite a bit. She didn't do great, three turnovers, but her first assist was a beauty. If anyone has the technical expertise, I think many people would like to see it. (Second quarter, at 7:12) She splits the defense, attacks Cammille Little and bounces it to Plaisance for an open layup.

HGN

Reaction Score
I am sure lack of WNBA playing experience caused the turnovers. But skill caused the Assist.
Now all she needs is for the coach to give her enough PT to develop that Skill to turn those T/A stats around to the positive.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It is interesting and very annoying that this assist did not make its way into the WNBA stat sheet. Head bang

05/14/17: Dallas Wings @ Phoenix Mercury - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA

Only the 3TO are shown although a +8. I actually had to go back to the League Pass and watch it again to see it with my own eyes. Of course, watching it makes me sad since in the pro game, there is so much standing around. It must be driving Saniya insane.Head bang

Reaction Score
I watched the Wings game and came away impressed by the play of Alisha Gray and especially Kaela Davis. Saniya played almost 12 minutes and seemed to be comport herself well. The 3 turnovers were the negative. For her first professional game she did OK.

Reaction Score
Saniya needs to be more aggressive. I watched the game online and honestly think she should find any chance to score, not just pass the ball.

She can do it but it may take times.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Saniya needs to be more aggressive. I watched the game online and honestly think she should find any chance to score, not just pass the ball.

She can do it but it may take times.
She'll figure it out but it wouldn't surprise me if it takes a while for the calculus to click.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
As soon as she get really gets the feel for the game at this level, and she realizes she can play and be successful in the W, she'll be fine. She may still be in awe of the moment. She'll adjust.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I sent this to the team

C_5D4TAUwAAReuH.jpg:large

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. I thought maybe I was losing my mind.

Reaction Score
They probably gave the assist to Kaela Davis because she was doing practically everything else for the Wings. I'm sure the coaching staff was well aware that Saniya assisted on the basket. She's going to settle in quite nicely.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom