Saniya | The Boneyard

Saniya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I want Saniya to have the game of her life--maybe tonight, maybe not--just before this season ends.

I want her to be the one who's interviewed after the game; has she ever been the one? I want her gifts--steadiness amid chaos, sweet moves to the basket, sure-handed passes--to be celebrated and her deficits--lack of confidence, mindless turnovers, inconsistency--for once forgotten.

Before the season ends, I want Saniya to be the sole winner of the Badass award.

Reaction Score
I want Saniya to have the game of her life--maybe tonight, maybe not--just before this season ends.

I want her to be the one who's interviewed after the game; has she ever been the one? I want her gifts--steadiness amid chaos, sweet moves to the basket, sure-handed passes--to be celebrated and her deficits--lack of confidence, mindless turnovers, inconsistency--for once forgotten.

Before the season ends, I want Saniya to be the sole winner of the Badass award.

You had me at hello with this post. And while not all of this may come to pass tonight, I have no doubt that it will over the course of the season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I like MOST of what you write here---there was absolutely no need to list WHAT YOU THINK are her deficits.
I find the "mindless turnover" comment offensive. Her to/assist ratio is among the best. I doubt you meant this posting to be anything other than positive towards Uconn's starting point guard--steady eddie of this team. i like all the positive things you said about MS Saniya I too hope she wins the BA award before the final game--tonight is a good place as any!!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score

Bully!

Reaction Score

I've may pick Saniya as the Badass just off this post alone. Great post!!!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Can you send me some numbers so I can buy a power ball ticket.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Someone was looking into Crystal's ball

8933842.jpg

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score

Hope you use those two other wishes just as wisely.. Can I please borrow your Genie in a bottle? :cool:

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
I like MOST of what you write here---there was absolutely no need to list WHAT YOU THINK are her deficits.
I find the "mindless turnover" comment offensive. Her to/assist ratio is among the best. I doubt you meant this posting to be anything other than positive towards Uconn's starting point guard--steady eddie of this team. i like all the positive things you said about MS Saniya I too hope she wins the BA award before the final game--tonight is a good place as any!!
You are one of my favorite posters on this board to follow, but It is, what it is... I personally didn't see anything wrong with his statement, we ought to be willing to hear both the good and the not so good about ourselves as It is all part of our growth.. It's very clear to me that the OP has the player best interest at heart and only wants her to do better and share in the spotlight.. Let the truth be told as it is one of Geno's endearing qualities that his players seem to love about him...

Go Saniya!! This game is a clear indication as to how much better you make this team when you are confident and engaged at both ends, I really enjoyed hearing your post game interview.. here is to many more opportunities...

Reaction Score
You are one of my favorite posters on this board to follow, but It is, what it is... I personally didn't see anything wrong with his statement, we ought to be willing to hear both the good and the not so good about ourselves as It is all part of our growth.. It's very clear to me that the OP has the player best interest at heart and only wants her to do better and share in the spotlight.. Let the truth be told as it is one of Geno's endearing qualities that his players seem to love about him...

Go Saniya!! This game is a clear indication as to how much better you make this team when you are confident and engaged at both ends, I really enjoyed hearing your post game interview.. here is to many more opportunities...
You are right--we should be able to post both sides---and I didn't object to most of his posting, infact I agreed with much--but "mindless turnovers' to me was over the top. Do you actually think Saniya with the best To/Assist ratio makes mindless turnovers?? And further posting on this only drags this further than intended.

Reaction Score
So didn't we have a thread a month ago about whether Saniya would score 20 in a game this year? (Hint: the answer is YES!)
If Saniya makes the effort to repeat last night performance---can you imagine how difficult that will make it to defend Kia or KLS?? She won't need 20 but 15 would really be nice for an average.

Reaction Score

Congratulations . Looks like your wish was granted. Hope last nite was just the beginning for Saniya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom