Saniya? | The Boneyard

Saniya?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not clear - is Saniya's injury from the Notre Dame game, or did she get hit again in practice? How is she doing? Does anyone have more info? I hope she gets rested and recovered soon!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
per Mechelle's article: Saniya Chong out with concussion-like symptoms

Reaction Score
First, during the game they said it was an injury during the ND game. At half-time Bob Joyce on WTIC said he rode on the plane and didn't even realize she wasn't on it, so that's no help. Then I saw a post somewhere that said it was from an injury in practice. And in the After-game wrap-up they said it was from the elbow to the face in the ND game..
That elbow looked awful - could have been to the nose. But that doesn't seem to me to be likely concussion territory. And it seems strange that it was kept so quiet or at least down-played before the game.

Reaction Score
First, during the game they said it was an injury during the ND game. At half-time Bob Joyce on WTIC said he rode on the plane and didn't even realize she wasn't on it, so that's no help. Then I saw a post somewhere that said it was from an injury in practice. And in the After-game wrap-up they said it was from the elbow to the face in the ND game..
That elbow looked awful - could have been to the nose. But that doesn't seem to me to be likely concussion territory. And it seems strange that it was kept so quiet or at least down-played before the game.
She was clobbered at ND. Somewhat inadvertent, but it dazed her pretty good. Need her back soon.

Reaction Score
I've seen reports that her concussion like symptoms are a result of her getting clobbered with the elbow at ND, but I've also seen posts saying that she got whacked with an elbow in practice. Regardless, she was whacked with an elbow at some point and began to suffer concussion like symptoms, and has likely entered concussion protocol at this point. She didn't make the trip as a result. There isn't any information on how she's doing currently, but she'll have some time to rest, recover, and feel better in between finals over the next 8 days! She was really, really missed today.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
During the game they said she was injured during the Notre Dame game. All I know is when she was hit in the nose by Brianna Turner, it was terrible. I was surprised she was able to continue playing in that game. I pray she feel better real soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom