From Kevin Lynch for Blue Star

"Mater Dei 85-Osseining 67

Katie Lou Samuelsson with 34, Karlie Samuelson 22, Chong led Ossening with 28"

Reaction Score
From Kevin Lynch for Blue Star

"Mater Dei 85-Osseining 67

Katie Lou Samuelsson with 34, Karlie Samuelson 22, Chong led Ossening with 28"

From Kevin Lynch for Blue Star:
"Ossening running out of gas, 2015 Katie Lou Samuelsson excelling in every aspect, Chong has to do too much 75-59 Mater Dei 339 left"

Reaction Score
Not a big surprise...Mater Dei is a powerhouse that recruits...for Saniya to put up 28 against the Samuelsson sisters is excellent!

Along with the 89-67 win by Mater Dei< KML's Team> over Saniya and Company, Ek's Team St Mary beat
Dr Phillips 63-52, Berkely St Mary beat Christ The King with Sierra Calhoun 65-49!!
Ira

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I read a blurb that Saniya constantly went to her left for shots....never went to her right. And she is a righty.
The time I saw her play she was clearly comfortable with her left but I find this game observation [if true] odd.

Good luck today for Courtney and Saniya.

HGN

Reaction Score
Sounds like two(2) Samuelson's ganged up on one(1) Chong....So I expected Mater Dei to win that one. But it looks like Saniya held her own with 28pts.

Anybody know how Sierra Calhoun did in her game ?

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Maybe they were pushing her to her right? I don't know. I am impressed that she could score 28, because I am sure they were keying on her.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Ossining's opponent today is Dr. Phillips. The Doc lost to national #1 St. Mary's by only 11....63-52.
My bet is that Ossining will have a very tough time staying with them based on that. Ossining's frenetic pace
will be a key...good or bad. Ossining did lose one of its good inside players during preseason when she moved to Virginia.
My hope is that this 3 game set in Arizona will pay dividends when the NYS tourney rolls around.

Reaction Score
Here's a small blurb about Saniya's game in the Nike TOC yesterday....and a little bit on their next game.

"Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) 89, Ossining 67: In the first round of the Nike Tournament of Champions in Phoenix, Ariz., Saniya Chong had 28 points, 10 assists, and seven rebounds for the Pride. Sophomore Jalay Knowles added 10 points and 14 rebounds. Both teams are among the top 25 teams in the country by USA Today. Mater Dei is ranked No. 3, while the Pride come in at No. 21.
Ossining will play Dr. Phillips (Orlando, FL) in the next round Friday at Hamilton High School in Arizona at 3 p.m. MST. Dr. Phillips is ranked 19th in the nation by USA Today.
“They’re very big, and physical, which should cause some match up problems for us,” Ossining coach Dan Ricci said of the reigning Florida state champions. “But our guards should cause some match up problems for them."

Saniya accounted for 48 of Ossining's 67 pts.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Looks like Ossining lost to Dr. Phillips 86-57. They will play for 7th place against Las Vegas Centennial, who also has two losses.

Reaction Score
Looks like Ossining lost to Dr. Phillips 86-57. They will play for 7th place against Las Vegas Centennial, who also has two losses.

Here's a short blurb about the game:
"Dr. Phillips (Orlando, FL) 86, Ossining 57: In the second round of the Nike Tournament of Champions in Phoenix, Ariz., Saniya Chong had 24 points and nine assists. Andra Espinoza-Hunter scored 14 points for the Pride, who trailed 12-0 in the game’s opening minutes.
Dr. Phillips was ranked 19th in the nation by USA Today entering the tournament."

Reaction Score
.-----Berkely St Mary beat Christ The King with Sierra Calhoun 65-49!!
Ira

Wrong St Marys and wrong score. St Marys berkely beat Long beach Poly 47-45 in the Joe Smith Champ. finals- CTK lost to St Marys Stockton 85-68 in the consolation final in the Joe Smith bracket.

Reaction Score
Wrong St Marys and wrong score. St Marys berkely beat Long beach Poly 47-45 in the Joe Smith Champ. finals- CTK lost to St Marys Stockton 85-68 in the consolation final in the Joe Smith bracket.

WRONG!!!! I may have gotten the score wrong due to my age and the size of the print;) I posted the inf as soon as I saw it! In the 1st game of the tournament CTK lost to St Mary's Berkely 55-49 sending them into the losers bracket where they won their 2nd game against La Jolla Country Day
67-62! They then lost to St Marys Stockton 85 -68!

Try looking at the date and time that I posted! Fri 5:38 AM after the 1st game of the tournament!
I would not have used bold lettering,but the attitude of the post annoyed me! I dont mind someone
correcting me if I made a mistake,but save the attitude please!
Thank You to all Sorry for the bold letters
Ira

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There were at least 3 St. Mary's teams there--Berkeley, Stockton, and Phoenix. All are very good or better.

There were also two Mater Deis there.

I, for one, had a little trouble keeping things straight. :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
There were at least 3 St. Mary's teams there--Berkeley, Stockton, and Phoenix. All are very good or better.

There were also two Mater Deis there.

I, for one, had a little trouble keeping things straight. :)

I suspect they receive divine preference. Sons take good care of their mothers.

Reaction Score
WRONG!!!! I may have gotten the score wrong due to my age and the size of the print;) .-----------------------------------------Try looking at the date and time that I posted! Fri 5:38 AM after the 1st game of the tournament!
I would not have used bold lettering,but the attitude of the post annoyed me! I dont mind someone
correcting me if I made a mistake,but save the attitude please!
Thank You to all Sorry for the bold letters
Ira

OK lets see if we can get this straight. In your post you had the right teams, right date, but the wrong score. I in turn had the right teams, the right score, but responded to the wrong game. You made a mistake because you didn't see the score correctly because your eye sight is bad. Well I also have bad eye sight. Those times and dates are somewhat faded and easy to overlook on this site. This is not the first time I have made a mistake and it won't be my last. I think the same might apply to everyone. It's no big deal.

That just leaves the additude claim. Don't know how you can assume that from the wording of my post.

Let me expain my reasoning. I didn't think it would be that out of the ordinary for anyone to confuse the teams. I had pretty much mentally worded my response even before Medford Husky validated my point with his own post. Thanks Medford! There were actually four St Marys at Nike, the fourth being in a lesser division. Max Preps has for years confused St Marys Stockton with another St. Marys in southern Cal. They often listed SMS playing in two different places 360 miles apart on the very same day. St Marys Stockton and St Marys Phoenix colors are white and green and their uniforms look exactly alike. Fortunately they have never had to play each other. That game might set a record for turnovers. LOL. St Marys Stockton is playing St Marys Berkely (which is also known as St Marys Albany) on the fifth of January. I can guarantee St Marys will win that one. The whole thing sounds like an Abbott and Costello stick. So it really wouldn't be too illogical to expect confusion. I am getting even more confused as I write.

So you see Magical there was no disrespect or attitude on my part what so ever. So while I was wrong in assuming you were confused about which team was which- you were also mistaken about my additude and intent. We all have those kind of days. Makes us sort of even ;) Have a good Holiday!

Reaction Score
I'm happy to go by Medford, if that helps. :)

Happy holidays!
What was I thinking. Medford is in Oregon and that's a long way to go to make us happy. Too bad they don't make Braille computer screens. LOL. Told you I couldn't see worth hoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom