Saniya Chong | The Boneyard

Saniya Chong

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Would not expect to hear anything until near end of the week. This is exam week with extremely light practice schedule until exams are over.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I certainly hope Saniya is ready to go soon. She is a remarkable young lady who doesn't get the credit she deserves as one of the leaders of this team.

In the article quoting Danger on her 1st start vs KSU, she indicated that it wasn't really the way she wanted to earn her 1st start as a Husky, as a result of Saniya being out with concussion symptoms. Danger went on to credit Saniya for working with her to help her improve.

Think about that statement and what it means. The more Saniya works with Danger to help her become a better BBall player, the less time Saniya will see on the court. What a very special teammate.

Reaction Score
I certainly hope Saniya is ready to go soon. She is a remarkable young lady who doesn't get the credit she deserves as one of the leaders of this team.

In the article quoting Danger on her 1st start vs KSU, she indicated that it wasn't really the way she wanted to earn her 1st start as a Husky, as a result of Saniya being out with concussion symptoms. Danger went on to credit Saniya for working with her to help her improve.

Think about that statement and what it means. The more Saniya works with Danger to help her become a better BBall player, the less time Saniya will see on the court. What a very special teammate.
a

Staring down a potential Wally-Pipp moment, Saniya takes one for the team, helping Crystal prepare for a possible starting role.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard anything about Saniya Chong? She is very important to the team the rest of the way.
MUCH more important than most people think! If you have seen all the "big" games so far, it all works down to this: Uconn is really a 7 player team when you get down to the nitty-gritty. AND, Chong is one of those 7..........this team can go far, very far, but let's hope there are no serious injuries.

Reaction Score
I'm at a Native American BB tournament in Rapid City, SD. I watched most of the 8 girl's HS games yesterday. In the last game a girl playing guard slipped on the floor in the middle of several players. She hit her head hard and I could hear it in my seat way up in the high seats. She stayed on the floor for about five minutes and couldn't walk by herself off the court. I'm pretty worried about her. I don't know if I'll find out if she's OK until I call her school after the tournament.

I saw Skylar Diggins hit her head the same way but she got right back up and kept playing.

I hope Saniya is OK.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Yep, we know is Saniya is a great teammate. I privately worried (i.e.,I kept it to myself, obviously) that she might be at risk to transfer, but instead she stuck it out, contributed to three-NC winning teams, and has been part of two of the five longest winning streaks in NCAAW history. I can only speculate, but I'm happy Andra Espinoza-Hunter is following suit by making the trek from ossining. NY, to Storrs, CT. If Saniya was an inspiration, that would be in itself a great contribution to this program.

Go Saniya!; this team has great potential, and I believe you'll be instrumental to the realization thereof!!!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Striper69 not sure where you were trying to go with your comments there so let me add that concussion protocol has improved leaps and bounds in just the last 3 years. Symptoms vary from person to person and affects can surface later. Traveling is also a No-No due to air pressure. Soniya is a key part just by looking at her assist to turn over ratio. Plus her defense has improved and she knows how to score if need be it. We look forward to getting you healthy and on the court.

Reaction Score

Your reflections on Chong helping Dangerfield --show what a teammate Chong is-- This is Dangerfields First Div 1 year--she has AAU, USA experiences that help her. But Div 1 is different. So at some points, if Crystal is successful in becoming the starter, there will be games or times in games where experience is mandated --enter Chong. And too the fatigue factor demands a refreshed sub in many games.
Point is: Don't look at Chong/Crystal and say--Chong is done--that's not going to happen, until she graduates!!
Old Dude---I know this is in line with your posting on Chong--and i join you is wishing her early and complete recovery. As far as her sitting out--kudo's to Geno and the medical staff--better safe than sorry!!! if you err always towards the safety of the student/child.

Reaction Score
The girl I was talking about was out of today's game but was not in uniform walking around the sideline and looked OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom