Saniya Chong +29??? | The Boneyard

Saniya Chong +29???

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I just looked at the box score for SA vs Dallas and Saniya played 20 minutes scoring 5 points, but was +29? No one else was more than +13. By the way she dished out 6 assists too. This young lady is going to be fun to follow in the WNBA!!

Reaction Score
Chong wnba rookie of the year! :)

My early guess is Allisha Gray for ROY. She would appear to be the only rookie starter in the league. The irony is Chong gets minutes when Gray or Diggins sits, but still gets pretty good minutes.

Reaction Score
If UConn could produce more players every wnba team would be all UConn players. There's no question who the greatest coaching staff is at getting their players ready for the next level.

While I am prohibited from disagreeing with your view. You must give Sanyia Chong a huge chunk of the credit for --tenacity, determination and ability. Think of this : a 3 year bench sitter for Geno, one he was over heard dissing and she had the gutz and determination to step onto the really big WNBA stage with , arguably the greatest WBB players in the world, and slide right in and run with those "big girls". That's a huge step for any kid to make--and OUR Chong did.
As others have said the only way for her now is UP UP UP..

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I just looked at the box score for SA vs Dallas and Saniya played 20 minutes scoring 5 points, but was +29? No one else was more than +13. By the way she dished out 6 assists too. This young lady is going to be fun to follow in the WNBA!!

It occurred to me last night when trying to explain the +/- stat: the Wings won by 12 points, Chong was +29 -- that means that in the other 20 minutes she didn't play, the team was down a cumulative 17 points. That's a swing of 43 points when she's in the game. I'll say it again, they're a much better team when she's on the floor., even if she's not lighting up the stat sheet.

She also has a net rating of +50-something. Small sample size, but hopefully indicative of things to come.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While I am prohibited from disagreeing with your view. You must give Sanyia Chong a huge chunk of the credit for --tenacity, determination and ability. Think of this : a 3 year bench sitter for Geno, one he was over heard dissing and she had the gutz and determination to step onto the really big WNBA stage with , arguably the greatest WBB players in the world, and slide right in and run with those "big girls". That's a huge step for any kid to make--and OUR Chong did.
As others have said the only way for her now is UP UP UP..
Overheard dissing? What did Geno say? Hopefully it wasn't anything too bad!

Reaction Score
Overheard dissing? What did Geno say? Hopefully it wasn't anything too bad!
\

The comment has been well documented---this is about Sanyia's accomplishments--my bad for raising this again.

Reaction Score
It occurred to me last night when trying to explain the +/- stat: the Wings won by 12 points, Chong was +29 -- that means that in the other 20 minutes she didn't play, the team was down a cumulative 17 points. That's a swing of 43 points when she's in the game. I'll say it again, they're a much better team when she's on the floor., even if she's not lighting up the stat sheet.

She also has a net rating of +50-something. Small sample size, but hopefully indicative of things to come.
Same as it was last season for UCONN. There was a better flow to the offense when she was on the floor.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

In 5 games, so far her plus-minuses have been: +8 , +8 , +29, -34, +9. Adds up to +20. Not bad.

Her PER is 9.8, below average but within the expected realm for a rookie backup PG.

Overall, I'd say she's doing ok, not outstanding, but ok.

This has been Small Sample Size Theater brought to you by the folks at "Who Asked You Anyway, Domer!?"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom