San Diego to Storrs | The Boneyard

San Diego to Storrs

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Happy to learn that UConn's Ballard Institute and Museum of Puppetry will include the San Diego Chicken in its exhibit, "Mascots! Mask Performance in the 21st Century." I may be 3,000 miles from Storrs but at least a symbol of my current home city will be on campus again.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting I did not know about the museum's existence, but your post takes me back to the mid-late 1980s when, during a stint in local TV, I booked an interview with Frank Ballard, who was legendary even then, and field produced a trip to what I believe was then the Puppetry Department. The place was really impressive. Naming the institute for him is just one of those natural things for a very deserving person.

Reaction Score
Happy to learn that UConn's Ballard Institute and Museum of Puppetry will include the San Diego Chicken in its exhibit, "Mascots! Mask Performance in the 21st Century." I may be 3,000 miles from Storrs but at least a symbol of my current home city will be on campus again.
Saw the Chicken often in the late '70s in San Diego, mostly at Padres games. An absolute classic. The funniest stuff was not available for tv though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom