San Antonio safer than Storrs? | The Boneyard

San Antonio safer than Storrs?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It was announced today that 5 UConn dormitories were placed on quarantine as a result of 35 new coronavirus cases in the past 2 days. The spike in cases is believed to be the result of several off-campus parties over the weekend.

As I read this story I couldn’t help but think it’s fortunate that WBB is relatively safe in a semi-bubble environment in San Antonio. This is a stark reminder that we still have a long way to go to beat this virus.

Reaction Score
University of Delaware just cancelled their Women's Lacrosse team's remainder of the season as a result of players attending off campus parties. Perhaps the stay at San Antonio turns out to be an unexpectedly good thing.

Reaction Score
This virus will be around for a long time. Over the next few months everyone that wants the vaccine will have had it available to them. Ultimately There will be 20-25% of the population that will not get the vaccine for multiple reasons. This will keep it and it’s variants circulating for the foreseeable future. Cases will drop until a new variant comes along and cases will rise. Most people will go about their lives like Pre COVID.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This virus will be around for a long time. Over the next few months everyone that wants the vaccine will have had it available to them. Ultimately There will be 20-25% of the population that will not get the vaccine for multiple reasons. This will keep it and it’s variants circulating for the foreseeable future. Cases will drop until a new variant comes along and cases will rise. Most people will go about their lives like Pre COVID.
Herd immunity supposedly kicks in between 70-80%. So if there is presumably 20-25% vaccine hesitancy, assuming that some of that 20-25% has antibodies because they caught the virus and recovered, then herd immunity is still achievable. In addition, while the variants are certainly a concern, to date the existing vaccines have proven efficacious against all known variants.

Reaction Score
It's that Superman and woman mentality that most have at that age. Nothing will happen to me. My friends and I would travel around to jump off bridges with 2 of our favorites in Collinsville, CT. You have no fear.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
University of Delaware just cancelled their Women's Lacrosse team's remainder of the season as a result of players attending off campus parties. Perhaps the stay at San Antonio turns out to be an unexpectedly good thing.
I suppose I’m being a bit on the harsh side but if I were the university, I’d strongly consider taking away the players’ scholarship.

Unless every player on the team was at the party, the actions of those who were are incredibly selfish to those who followed the rules and have now had their season taken away.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom