Samuel Still Around | The Boneyard

Samuel Still Around

Reaction Score
He is getting 33 minutes per game at USF averaging 12.3 ppg, 6 rebounds and 6 assists in their first 3 games. He is shooting 56% from the field and has actually made a few 3 pointers. 3-4 or 75% on 3's. There is no stat for # of dribbles per foot.

How many National Championship rings do you own (in which you were a contributor) is also a stat not officially kept.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I always liked the guy. USF is a dumpster fire of biblical proportions so I’m sure he can put up nice numbers. Really impressed with the 3 %. I don’t know if he ever put in for us in 2 seasons haha. His contributions subbing in for Bazz vs Nova will never be forgotten.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Always liked Samuel. Was disappointed when he transferred though I'm sure he had his reasons.

Glad he's getting some nice burn at USF and ending his college hoop career with a degree.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
He is getting 33 minutes per game at USF averaging 12.3 ppg, 6 rebounds and 6 assists in their first 3 games. He is shooting 56% from the field and has actually made a few 3 pointers. 3-4 or 75% on 3's. There is no stat for # of dribbles per foot.
Living in Clearwater I see a few USF games and know quite a few fans. Bball is 2nd or 3rd fiddle to football but they love TSam. I will cheer for him.

Reaction Score
I was sad that he transferred ,last years team could have use him
One guy can make a big difference in B.B. On ball help for JA and our team is different.
He thought he was going to be the next great UCONN guard
When it became obvious that was not going to happen he gave it a shot at PSU . I can’t blame him for that.
But I wish he stayed

Reaction Score
I was sad that he transferred ,last years team could have use him
One guy can make a big difference in B.B. On ball help for JA and our team is different.
He thought he was going to be the next great UCONN guard
When it became obvious that was not going to happen he gave it a shot at PSU . I can’t blame him for that.
But I wish he stayed
The truth is he wasn't even a great NY guard in HS so I doubt he thought he was going to be the next great UConn guard. He had heart and gave all he had and you can't ask for more. The best thing he did was transfer to a school that didn't quite have the expectations or talent demands that he faced at UConn. Great to see he got his degree and is getting a head start on his masters.

Reaction Score
Every time he comes up in a thread, I throw this in:
Was a small, but critical, cog in the machine that won that Nattie.
My fondest memory of him was when he took out an opponent and was whistled for a flagrant in a game in which I thought we were being pushed around. You always need some guy who is willing to make a statement like that. He also had several very important drives and lay ins during that run. Also gets an honorable mention for most misspelled player name on the BY.
Go get 'em T Sam.

Reaction Score
Oh take it easy.

Take it easy with what?

That this board insists on downplaying his contributions baffles me. I get that this isn't a Samuel family re-union and we're not obligated to pretend he was something he wasn't, but who the hell cares? No matter what combination of circumstance it took to thrust him into the role he played and no matter how much of an anomaly it might have been, it happened. He was there, playing in front of 100,000 people, balling in a situation where a lot of better players would have soiled themselves. We had no right to expect him to perform in those moments the way that he did. Dude was a gift from the God's and if he was never able to duplicate that again than it kind of makes it all the more charming. The people who didn't think he was important to the team are probably the same ones who think David Tyree wasn't important to the '08 Giants.

People are just spoiled.

Reaction Score
Take it easy with what?

That this board insists on downplaying his contributions baffles me. I get that this isn't a Samuel family re-union and we're not obligated to pretend he was something he wasn't, but who the hell cares? No matter what combination of circumstance it took to thrust him into the role he played and no matter how much of an anomaly it might have been, it happened. He was there, playing in front of 100,000 people, balling in a situation where a lot of better players would have soiled themselves. We had no right to expect him to perform in those moments the way that he did. Dude was a gift from the God's and if he was never able to duplicate that again than it kind of makes it all the more charming. The people who didn't think he was important to the team are probably the same ones who think David Tyree wasn't important to the '08 Giants.

People are just spoiled.
The guy made a harmless joke about Samuel. Nothing taking away from
what he did on the ‘14 team. That’s what i’m saying take it easy at. I am not discrediting TSam at all.

Reaction Score
Just the fact that the topic was started show respect for Samuel and what he contributed. The fact that a bit of attempted humor was interjected should not be misinterpreted. He was a small but valued part of a championship team. He transferred in good academic standing so no APR issue. He got a degree and is still living a dream.

C

Chief00

I like TSam and I am thrilled to see improvement in his shooting. That was the thing that held him back the most.
TSam is a pretty Smart dude - when you talk to him, he always seemed to get it, he was thoughtful but heck yeah he would go after someone disrespecting him or his team. That fact that stood out that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

I like TSam and I am thrilled to see improvement in his shooting. That was the thing that held him back the most.
TSam is a pretty Smart dude - when you talk to him, he always seemed to get it, he was thoughtful but heck yeah he would go after someone disrespecting him or his team. That fact stood out.

I corrected the autocorrect errors. Now back to content.

Reaction Score
TSAM off to a all league type of start. Good for him. Too bad he's not on a better team, like the one in Storrs.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Terrence would be a good addition to a low-major, but there isn’t a guard on our roster that he would be able to play over.

Kid isn’t a high-major scorer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom