Same Ole #t | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Same Ole #t

Reaction Score
This is team is better than the last. They hanged tough. BUT, you are absolutely right.

Charlton had one masterful opening series and then just flat out sucked. We had the ability to pound tackle to tackle and the idiot instead insisted on trying to take the edge against a fast team all night. Ephing stupid as they come.

The pass game may as well have been bubble screens because they just kept checking down to back. I said this last and I say it again, Charlton isn’t getting it done. He can’t call a game beyond scripting the opening series.

As for the receiver corps, pretty poor. I cant believe we are the only team in the nation that can’t get guys open season over season. There is something seriously wrong. Why do we have tight ends? We barely use them except for a pass or 2 to Jolly.

As for D, I mean what does it take to have an LB spy the QB? Almost every single scramble to escape outside pass rush pressure by breaking from the pocket up the middle. Missed tackles I expect to see early in the season but we have to do better than what we saw.

We have a good competitive squad. We need the coaches to put them in position to make plays. NCState was a top notch team and we shouldn’t hang our heads. But, another opportunity lost because guys like Charlton can’t run a P5 O.

Reaction Score
There were no more than 25K actually in the house.

Traffic management really sucked.

The receivers and linebackers were way behind our expectations.

Why are the the DB's still giving such huge cushions at the line of scrimmage?

After the first drive I was convinced UConn had the QB it had been looking for. Now I am hoping TR heals up quickly.

First game. UConn covered. It will be interesting to see if the ESPN analytics change for upcoming games. Duke is a winnable game I would think.

Reaction Score
My biggest disappointment was the linebackers. I thought they were better as well. Obviously, the defense needs to wrap up their guys and tackle. Too many yards gained after contact. Fagnano wasn't all bad. He did have that nice sidearm toss for a completion. That long pass into double coverage wasn't as nice neither were his touch passes to the sidelines.

Since UConn was playing a better team their effort needs to be top notch and they cannot afford stupid penalties. Hopefully, the offense figures it out in the upcoming weeks. They should be able to gain yards against Georgia State and FIU and win those two games. I'm a bit disappointed by the loss but still optimistic for a good season.

Reaction Score
Not kicking the ball out of bounds when kicking from the 20 has to be stupidest move in football. Just give it to them on the 35.
Thinking about this. Can’t NC State elect to move us back 5 yards and rekick, and then take the ball wherever it goes out of bounds? If so, perhaps they get it near midfield, but it does eliminate the late hit part of the play.

Rules junkies???

Reaction Score
Addendum. I should have said something about the tackling too. So often when they tried to wrap up the ball carrier they stopped driving with their feet and the ball carrier slipped through their arms. And how many times did they over-commit when they hadn't closed down the space with the result that contact was never even made?

Btw, GAST only beat Rhode Island by 7. ESPN had GAST as basically unwinnable for UConn. I beg to differ if they do not change their tune. Emminently winnable.

Reaction Score
We let that one slip away. Great run for the TD until the flip into the end zone. That along with the late hit literally gave the game to State. Play that game 5 times and we win 4.

Well, I have to work from home for a few weeks because I shot my mouth off all week saying that we should win by two touchdowns.
Yeah, I felt we were going to beat 'em up too. Very disappointed to be facing reality.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
2 punts for touchbacks. No kickoffs for touchbacks. We need the opposite.
I really thought we should have squibbed the KO after the Rosa penalty. Might have bounced around a bit and given us a chance at better coverage. Hindsight is always 20/20 I guess.

Reaction Score
The next battle to win is the TV ratings for this game. For NC St this could be one of the top 3 viewership games for them this season.

Reaction Score
A few examples:

The wheel route in the first half had our receiver wide open and he was jogging until it was too late. Either he badly misjudged the pass or he wasn't hustling. It cost us a TD.

UConn was punting from midfield, and the punt bounced on about the 10 yard line and rolled into the end zone while the coverage pulled up at the 15.

Football games often come down to a handful of plays, and a team has to play with 110% effort to have a chance to make those plays.
The wheel route was simply a bad pass,, but not criminally bad. You would rather see and overthrow than an under throw. That said, he has to hit that one.

Reaction Score
Same Ole thing, missed tackles, stupid penalties(Come on Rosa WTF), QB missing his receivers over and over. Defensive coaching not keying on NC St's QB even after he already burned you for two rushing TD's. Missed tackle after missed tackle just killed this game. They kept it closer than last year but still, clean up ..ups and you can win that game. GO HUSKIES!!

I just want to point out that this guy was mad when we fired Pasqualoni.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The wheel route was simply a bad pass,, but not criminally bad. You would rather see and overthrow than an under throw. That said, he has to hit that one.

The ball was in the air for a long time on that wheel route. The receiver could have caught up to that ball if he was sprinting.

Reaction Score
Same Ole thing, missed tackles, stupid penalties(Come on Rosa WTF), QB missing his receivers over and over. Defensive coaching not keying on NC St's QB even after he already burned you for two rushing TD's. Missed tackle after missed tackle just killed this game. They kept it closer than last year but still, clean up ..ups and you can win that game. GO HUSKIES!!
Very good description of the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom