Same Old Same Old | The Boneyard

Same Old Same Old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"We came out flat," junior safety Ty-Meer Brown said. "I have no answer for that. It's disappointing. We left plays on the field, gave up a lot of plays … it's disappointing. We didn't make the plays we needed to make."

Said safety Byron Jones: "Yeah, that's us. You can't miss tackles like that. We're out there to make plays and do the normal stuff. The normal stuff on defense is tackling. You have to do that and we didn't do that today."

"Our guys have a lot of pride," Weist said. "We're going to come back and work. Nobody on this team is giving up. There's going to be some good things that happen from a win standpoint. We just want it to be sooner than later. We still have a great sense of urgency. That's what this game is — you've got to get refocused every week."

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes if there is one thing this team has TJ... it's pride.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Why is it I feel like they've all just thrown in the towel... Coaches and all? I mean starting Boyle was clearly grasping for any sense of hope that might have been left. Every game, especially on the road they've always played with ZERO energy. Today was just one more example of that. I feel so bad for these Seniors this year. So bad.

Reaction Score
[quote="SonsOfNutmeg, post: 732454, member: 3876" I feel so bad for these Seniors this year. So bad.[/quote]

I don't. As much as this hurts as a fan, it should hurt them 1oox more. It should hurt so much you don't allow it to happen. Instead, they've accepted their fate the last two weeks before opening kickoff, or at least that is the sense you get when you watch the game. All the fight in this team seems to have been used up in the Michigan game.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
[quote="SonsOfNutmeg, post: 732454, member: 3876" I feel so bad for these Seniors this year. So bad.

I don't. As much as this hurts as a fan, it should hurt them 1oox more. It should hurt so much you don't allow it to happen. Instead, they've accepted their fate the last two weeks before opening kickoff, or at least that is the sense you get when you watch the game. All the fight in this team seems to have been used up in the Michigan game.[/quote]

Agree, Noeynox... If Uconn gave half the effort they showed up with against Michigan every game this year (including the home opener) we might actually have a few W's this season. This is shaping up to be the worst UConn Football record of all time.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I don't know what is more frustrating, the lack of effort given on a weekly basis or these canned answers after each game. I'm very interested to see how hard this team plays at home against UL next. If the team quits in the first quarter again, the boo birds may be back and, this time, they won't be directed at the coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom