Saint Bonaventure Scouting Report | The Boneyard

Saint Bonaventure Scouting Report

Reaction Score
Schedule Analysis:
  • At full strength, wins against Clemson, Marquette and Boise State (all top-75 wins).
  • Two games w/o Lofton
    • 68-65 win against Buffalo (72 KP)
    • 84-71 win against Loyola-MD (278 KP)
Roster makeup:
***the below info is assuming Lofton is out. All mpg are from the two games w/o Lofton:

1639075420416.png

Offense: 28th KenPom

• They limit mistakes on offense and limit turnovers (19th in nation w/ limiting turnovers).
  • They don't crash the offensive boards (214th in offensive rebounding rate)
  • Their 213th in getting to the line and that's with Kyle Lofton (29% of team's FTAs).
  • Proportionally, they don't shoot a ton of threes (one-third of their shots are from three, 281th in nation).
  • They play slowly (242th in possession rate)
Defense: 77th in KenPom
  • Led by Osun Osunniyi, they are 6th in the nation in block rate.
    • But they are just 255th in steal rate and 224th in non-steal TO rate.
  • They are 21st in limiting teams to the lines.
  • 57th in 2 point defense.
  • Solid at defensive rebounding (106th in nation).
  • Teams love shooting 3s against them (45.1% of opponents' shots are from 3) and teams shoot well against them from three (34% opposing 3p%).

Reaction Score
Lofton may be playing.

Lofton really hopes to be able to play Saturday in front of family and friends. His aunt, Ember Lofton, bought more than 100 tickets to the game.

“It would be like a dream come true,” he said of hoping to play. “I didn’t even know I was going to make it this far. To go back home and play in front of my family, Newark is literally a block away from where I live. I live 10-15 minutes from the Prudential Center.”

He also has personal connections to UConn, having played at Putnam Science with UConn forward Akok Akok and having known UConn point guard and Linden native R.J. Cole since he was 8. They played together on R.J’s. father’s AAU team, F.A.C.E.S. Now both are college stars hoping to lead their teams to a run in March Madness before eventually playing in the pros.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom