Sadie Edwards to transfer | The Boneyard

Sadie Edwards to transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
the article is short and sweet:

"Sadie is a great kid who will be missed by the coaching staff and her teammates," Auriemma said. "Getting to know Sadie and her family has been a pleasure but she has voiced her desire to play more and we have come to the mutual agreement that this can best be accomplished at a different school. I wish Sadie nothing but the best in the future."

She will apparently transfer after final exams. There is no word as of yet to where she is going.....unless someone has heard....

Reaction Score
While we will miss Sadie and wish her the best, if playing time was a top priority for her then she made a good decision. She probably saw the handwriting on the wall with Nurse's incredible start and the intimidating athletic skills of Gabby. Playing time for the foreseeable future would have been sparse.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I'm not surprised. It almost seems like she never really had a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I could see this coming weeks ago. Just surprised it happened so soon.
I guess she will be able to play in January 2015. I wish her good luck
and hope she finds playing time with a good school.

Reaction Score
Is this even faster than Samarie? (I'm pretty sure it is.) Has anyone ever transferred faster, having actually played (so not counting EDD)?

Reaction Score
Quick Trigger. Couldn't she have waited until end of the year?

She will still have 3 years of eligibility left either way, correct?

Reaction Score
Is this even faster than Samarie? (I'm pretty sure it is.) Has anyone ever transferred faster, having actually played (so not counting EDD)?
Was thinking the same thing. I thought Samarie had some issue where she didn't/couldn't play and didn't travel with the team for a couple of games, and then also transferred after her first semester.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
While we will miss Sadie and wish her the best, if playing time was a top priority for her then she made a good decision. She probably saw the handwriting on the wall with Nurse's incredible start and the intimidating athletic skills of Gabby. Playing time for the foreseeable future would have been sparse.
Personally, I have a lot of respect for any player who would rather play and contribute, than sit on the bench for a National champion. There is a growing list of players who have transferred from UConn and made a positive contribution to their new team.

Reaction Score
It is almost impossible for a school at the level of UConn to accommodate the needs of a class of five (Butler is technically in that class as well). Not to be the resident pessimist, but it is likely to happen next year as well when the program has 11 scholarship players. Ideally, one recruits three players each year, with the anticipation that over the four-year cycle two of the 12 are likely to transfer. It doesn't diminish the expectation that a class of Nurse, Butler and Williams could end up being one of the finest classes in the history of the program.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I could see this coming weeks ago. Just surprised it happened so soon.
I guess she will be able to play in January 2015. I wish her good luck
and hope she finds playing time with a good school.

Likewise. I saw this coming a mile away, but per BY policy, we're not supposed to speculate on transferring (and rightly so).

I hate, hate, HATE to lose a player, especially a Connecticut girl. Clearly, she wasn't getting everything Geno wanted her to grasp, but I had high hopes for her to get there eventually as long as she stuck with UConn and the coaching staff stuck with her.

Best of success and fortune to Sadie.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Seems like a very good choice for all concerned. I wondeed all along how four guards were going to divide playing time with MoJet and Saniya. And trying to compete with such a talented and seasoned perfomer as Kia and such an incredible athlete as Gabby AND such a dead-eye gunner as CE, she was just not quite there. I know that we all hoe that she finds a playing home where she will be able to develop her talents. We know that she is very good, or Geno would not have recruited her in the first place. Good luck Sadie.

Reaction Score
I don't get why she wouldn't give it a year at least and see if she gets a national championship. She could have been good for us but she would rather play big min. My question is why she thought she would be in any other situation than this. Few rookies play big min. at UConn.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Sadie is potentially a fine player and got caught in the wringer of too many people ahead of her.
Better that she is decisive early and gives herself the most opportunity to perform for a good school.
A very savvy kid and family.

JS

Reaction Score
Sorry she's leaving, and I wish her well. Will follow how she does. We took interest in another transferee still playing D-1 ball, Michala Johnson (recently in the news for an unfortunate injury) and will do the same with Sadie.

Caution, everyone: A couple people have already dangled unspecified "overheard" remarks about her game. Edited out. Now is not the time. Inappropriate to dangle, inappropriate to specify at this time.

Reaction Score
I felt that Edwards was a prime candidate to transfer at the end of the year do to lack of playing time. Just came a little earlier then I thought.

Reaction Score
Personally, I have a lot of respect for any player who would rather play and contribute, than sit on the bench for a National champion. There is a growing list of players who have transferred from UConn and made a positive contribution to their new team.
Amen, sad to see her go, but best fir her.

GG

Reaction Score
Best of luck to her. She seems like a great kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom