Sad that after yesterday's game only posts floating to top are whether program should die | The Boneyard

Sad that after yesterday's game only posts floating to top are whether program should die

Reaction Score
In case you missed it, the offense basically did everything it could to try and keep this game close by putting up 50 points. Even brought some drama late in the game by putting a little bit of pressure on SMU when they cut the lead to one score in the 4th..

For anyone that suggested this team has given up, I think yesterday proved that it hasn't. Pindell and Mensah gave just about everything they had yesterday. Very entertaining game offensively.

Defense, as we knew, is a weak spot. Nothing new was learned on that front other than the players continue to gain experience and develop. Hopefully with another year and maybe a few juco transfers sprinkled in, we'll see some forward progress next year.

Would be nice to get a decent crown at the Rent for the final home game to show these kids that we're still with them.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Offense fought hard until the bitter end. Our defense is just so overmatched in every facet by every offense we play against, it has got to take a toll on team psyche. Kudos to the offense for trying to win a game in the 50s/60s. Stuff like that can carry forward and be a strong building block for 2020.

Reaction Score
In case you missed it, the offense basically did everything it could to try and keep this game close by putting up 50 points. Even brought some drama late in the game by putting a little bit of pressure on SMU when they cut the lead to one score in the 4th..

For anyone that suggested this team has given up, I think yesterday proved that it hasn't. Pindell and Mensah gave just about everything they had yesterday. Very entertaining game offensively.

Defense, as we knew, is a weak spot. Nothing new was learned on that front other than the players continue to gain experience and develop. Hopefully with another year and maybe a few juco transfers sprinkled in, we'll see some forward progress next year.

Would be nice to get a decent crown at the Rent for the final home game to show these kids that we're still with them.
What was the estimated attendance yesterday?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

I think I will go and break my tradition of bailing on the last game.

C

Chief00

Chief was there, kudos to the offense and now it’s time to do something about the country’s worse defense starting at the top.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Facts are a stubborn thing: UConn's record in the AAC is 11 wins and 35 losses for a winning percent of 23%.

Reaction Score

Sorry for living in the real world?

Reaction Score
Never like to see someone lose his job but this is like 1 and a half seasons overdue. Can’t happen soon enough.

There just isn’t an excuse that can save a job. Doesn’t matter of excuses are valid. This is the worst defense in the history of football. Sounds so dramatic but stats back it up. Crocker is the captain of the ship and he has to go.

I wonder if one of Uguak or Pace bulks up and moves to DT next season to help with rotation.

Reaction Score
There just isn’t an excuse that can save a job. Doesn’t matter of excuses are valid. This is the worst defense in the history of football. Sounds so dramatic but stats back it up. Crocker is the captain of the ship and he has to go.

I wonder if one of Uguak or Pace bulks up and moves to DT next season to help with rotation.
You would think so, but remember who the head coach here is. You don't like what you see, "tough sheet"!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The defense hasn't shown one single sign of improvement from Week 1 to yesterday's blowout loss to SMU. If there was a single ounce of improvement - stronger tackling, quicker pass rush, tighter pass coverage, better gap control, better edge containment, anything - then I'd be less inclined to make a change. Our defense has been beaten up and down the field by everyone we play against, FBS or FCS, and that can't happen. Crocker has to go. With our luck, he'll probably go to Syracuse or BC next year and turn them into a top 5 defense in the country though. I just hope we spend some goddam money and hire a legit DC and defensive staff. Penny pinching is getting us nowhere.

Reaction Score
One of the worst tackling defenses I have ever seen. SMU d on the hand made several impressive leg and ankle tackles on players who were close to ripping off big gains.

Reaction Score
You would think so, but remember who the head coach here is. You don't like what you see, "tough sheet"!

He isn’t going to have a choice, and I think even Coach Edsall (and Coach Crocker) know he is gone. I understand his pov regarding not firing him midsession, but he is a goner afterward.

Reaction Score
The defense hasn't shown one single sign of improvement from Week 1 to yesterday's blowout loss to SMU. If there was a single ounce of improvement - stronger tackling, quicker pass rush, tighter pass coverage, better gap control, better edge containment, anything - then I'd be less inclined to make a change. Our defense has been beaten up and down the field by everyone we play against, FBS or FCS, and that can't happen. Crocker has to go. With our luck, he'll probably go to Syracuse or BC next year and turn them into a top 5 defense in the country though. I just hope we spend some goddam money and hire a legit DC and defensive staff. Penny pinching is getting us nowhere.

I want money spent on defensive coaches that have great recruiting histories and ties to the areas we recruit. I do believe good coaching is important, but I also believe like Bear Bryant, “it isn’t the x’s and o’s, it’s the Jimmys and Joes”

Reaction Score
Facts are a stubborn thing: UConn's record in the AAC is 11 wins and 35 losses for a winning percent of 23%.
Facts are real stubbon. Uconn is actually 16-20 the past two seasons in the AAC... a 44% winning record. Hmmmm.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I tried to DVR the game on YoutubeTV but I didn't realize it was ESPN3 only so I got screwed and couldn't watch.

Came here for some takes on the game...nothing.

I'm not saying this is the lowest will get, but it's the lowest we've been as a program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom