OT: - Sad News: Lombardo's Restaurant is Closing | The Boneyard

OT: Sad News: Lombardo's Restaurant is Closing

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
For those of us who have attended several Women's Regional Tournaments at the Times-Union Center in Albany over the past few years, Lombardo's, a local landmark within waking distance of the TUC, and my personal choice as the best Italian restaurant in the Capital Region, is set to close after 100 years. I went there for the first time in 2015, after UConn had demolished TX in the Sweet 16 not knowing just how good the food was. I was reassured as soon as I walked in the door when there, in the middle of the dining room, was Geno, his AD and staff.

So this coming year, for Geno and all you BY'ers planning on making the trip to Albany for the Regionals, I'm sad to say that I have no dining recommendations....:(

Reaction Score
I'm so sad they're closing! Great food and frequented by a many politicians as well. You never knew who you'd see there...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Wonderful family atmosphere as well. I believe 3 generations of Lombardo’s ran the operation before selling the restaurant to the Mancini family a number of years back.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That’s a shame! It was a classic Italian place. We ate there TWICE last March.

What’s the closing date?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
That’s a shame! It was a classic Italian place. We ate there TWICE last March.

What’s the closing date?
The word is that Lombardo’s will be open through New Years Eve and then it will be addio per sempre (goodbye forever).....

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
For classic Italian I can recommend D'Raymonds, about 5.5 miles from the arena. We go every year on our way back from the track. Yes it has big portions, but it's big portions of goodness. Even the bread and different spreads are good. I get the Saltimbocca Alla D'Raymonds .

Reaction Score
Across the street from D’Raymonds is Lanie’s Cafe. Great Italian food, portions so big you can’t finish it all. My favorite place to go.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom