OT: sad news about Kevin Ollie | The Boneyard

OT: sad news about Kevin Ollie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
There is a lengthy thread on the guy-side about Stephanie Ollie filing for divorce
from Kevin. Best wishes to both of them going forward and to the two kids.

I remember when Kevin got the head coaching job, he said that his favorite part of the day was in the morning
when he got to walk his daughter to the school bus stop. I think she is maybe a junior in high school now?
I believe his son Jalen is doing a PG year at Avon Old Farms...plays QB...wonder where he is headed to college next year.

Reaction Score
coaching is a tough career , ridiculous hours - I am sure it is impossible to balance the family responsibilities during the season - it is a long season too

Reaction Score
Hope the win over Florida Gator today helps cheer him up a little.

Reaction Score
Because those who do believe it will work out. For some of us, it does. :):):)
I suppose. But 50% get divorced these days, so go home and look at your wife, because one of you is getting a divorce ;)

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I suppose. But 50% get divorced these days, so go home and look at your wife, because one of you is getting a divorce ;)

Well, I suppose you might be right about 50%, but in our case we have had 48 years to work out all the problems... I hope there are another 48 to go together... :)

Reaction Score
Well, I suppose you might be right about 50%, but in our case we have had 48 years to work out all the problems... I hope there are another 48 to go together... :)

We are in year 52 - how the hell did you work out all the kinks in only 48 years. We are still working on them.:)

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Aw crap man, you are coming up on the 49 year itch... that's like 7 times worse than the 7 year itch.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Now Ice...what did you go and do that for? You've read Thomas Mann haven't you?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
There is a lengthy thread on the guy-side about Stephanie Ollie filing for divorce
from Kevin. Best wishes to both of them going forward and to the two kids.

I remember when Kevin got the head coaching job, he said that his favorite part of the day was in the morning
when he got to walk his daughter to the school bus stop. I think she is maybe a junior in high school now?
I believe his son Jalen is doing a PG year at Avon Old Farms...plays QB...wonder where he is headed to college next year.
Well, I'm divorced, and my children were very, very young when the separation began. I will say getting them up in the morning was a real challenge at first. Now, on the weeks I have them, it's developed into the best part of my day too. I hope KO is able to come to an equitable custody arrangement like I have, in which case, he'll still have the joy of taking his daughter to the school bus stop.
Marriage is still the culturally normative thing to do, and it puts a lot of societal pressure on couples, especially on women, to tie the knot. If a man doesn't believe in marriage, he may meet a woman who feels the same way, but it's not easy to do. It's far easier for a divorced man to meet a divorced woman who is equally reserved/tentative about re-marrying, notwithstanding the social pressure or the tax benefits.

As for Kevin specifically, I feel for him because children are involved and divorce sucks under even the best of circumstances. However, he is clearly a fine man of good character, with a socially prestigious and very high-paying career. Thus, in the short to intermediate term, I'm sure he'll have no difficulty meeting women when he's emotionally ready.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
On kind of a personal note - I was raised Catholic, so, as a boy I heard about all sorts of concepts that I really didn't grasp. Among them was the notion of "acts of faith". After being married, I kinda understood that notion. Marriage is an act of faith - you believe, and hope, that joining with this person you love, will lead to a deeper, more meaningful, more love-filled and satisfying, productive life for both of you. But, you don't really know, you don't have a guarantee - you have faith. Both scary and thrilling, that.

Reaction Score
Married now 52 years & as for my wife & 2 children, I feel 'blessed'. We are very compatible, where I am strong, she is not, where she is strong, I am not. With our religious 'Beliefs' & some humor, it becomes the grease on the axle which helps the wheel turn in life. We are still having fun.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I never had a doubt about sharing my life in marriage from the time I proposed; now 48 years later I still feel like the luckiest person in the world that she accepted.

Reaction Score
For us it was 48 years last week.
I beleieve the breakdown of the family is the greatest problem our soociety has today and the source of most of our other problems as well. I don't take the discussion lightly.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
People still get married? Why?
Wow- pretty cynical. 33 yrs & it just gets better. I must have just married the right person. And I also took a vow.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Married now 52 years & as for my wife & 2 children, I feel 'blessed'. We are very compatible, where I am strong, she is not, where she is strong, I am not. With our religious 'Beliefs' & some humor, it becomes the grease on the axle which helps the wheel turn in life. We are still having fun.
Kudos & well said!

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
For us it was 48 years last week.
I beleieve the breakdown of the family is the greatest problem our soociety has today and the source of most of our other problems as well. I don't take the discussion lightly.
Bingo Sonny- you're a good man!

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
Because those who do believe it will work out. For some of us, it does. :):):)
Yes, 50% of marriages fail (end in divorce). 80% of divorces are filed (initiated) by the female.

Yep, I divorce you and I get the nice big house, the kids, the cat and dog and you have to pay me mega bucks for all of eternity. We have never had it so good. Ah, is that nice glass of tea for me? I love the new maid. I wonder what my ex pays her every month.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Yes, 50% of marriages fail (end in divorce). 80% of divorces are filed (initiated) by the female.

Yep, I divorce you and I get the nice big house, the kids, the cat and dog and you have to pay me mega bucks for all of eternity. We have never had it so good. Ah, is that nice glass of tea for me? I love the new maid. I wonder what my ex pays her every month.
Two words: prenuptial agreement. Everyone should have one. I certainly did.

It may not seem in keeping with the optimistic spirit of marriage, but it's much better to hash everything out when you're in love and at your respective bests...as opposed to when you're getting divorced and at your respective worsts. If anything, I think going through the process of deciding the content of a prenup can make everything stronger.

And for the record, I have 50-50 custody and my house. I did have to buy out part of the equity on the home and pay ongoing child support (both of which were/are the right thing to do), but I didn't lose what you're suggesting I'm supposed to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom