Sabrina Ionescu (merged thread) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sabrina Ionescu (merged thread)

Reaction Score
not surprised she seemed bummed after the loss, this is what is great about college sports, willing to risk injury just to win a national title. Applaud her, pray she stays healthy

Reaction Score
Sabrina Ionescu is coming back.

A Letter to Ducks Nation

Should Oregon be the preseason consensus number 1?

Beyond a shadow of a doubt. Oregon brings back all of their starting five, plus their sixth man. And add to that this year's freshman Sabally, the sister of the starter. Sabally the Younger is said to be very talented. Oh, and she's, what, 6'5"?

There is no doubt that Oregon will be consensus #1 when the season begins, and odds-on to be #1 at the end of the season.

Having said that, though Baylor loses several starters, look at their freshman class this year: they have the equivalent of a #5-ranked team sitting on the bench.

#1 and #2. The only question is who will fill out the top five.

Reaction Score
i think a lot of the time they might play satou at sf, her sister at pf and hebard at centre given there lack of wing options.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Beyond a shadow of a doubt. Oregon brings back all of their starting five, plus their sixth man. And add to that this year's freshman Sabally, the sister of the starter. Sabally the Younger is said to be very talented. Oh, and she's, what, 6'5"?

There is no doubt that Oregon will be consensus #1 when the season begins, and odds-on to be #1 at the end of the season.

Having said that, though Baylor loses several starters, look at their freshman class this year: they have the equivalent of a #5-ranked team sitting on the bench.

Actually 4 of the 5: Cazorla will graduate.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Cazorla of Oregon graduates.
Baylor loses only 2 starters: Brown and Jackson.

Reaction Score
Cazorla of Oregon graduates.
Baylor loses only 2 starters: Brown and Jackson.
I agree with most that Oregon is now #1 with Baylor #2. Smith can step in for Brown at the 5. The PG position will be a big question for Baylor, but they have several guards sitting on the bench that could play that position. Lauren cox will probably touch the ball every posession anyways.
The rest of WCBB seems a distant third to these top two teams, with stanford, South carolina, and potentially Notre Dame distant thirds.

Reaction Score
Queen Egbo will probably be the first option to replace Brown.
Smith is a little more flexible and can play the 4 or 5. Or mulkey may play all three at the same time like she does now with Brown

Reaction Score
I agree with most that Oregon is now #1 with Baylor #2. Smith can step in for Brown at the 5. The PG position will be a big question for Baylor, but they have several guards sitting on the bench that could play that position. Lauren cox will probably touch the ball every posession anyways.
The rest of WCBB seems a distant third to these top two teams, with stanford, South carolina, and potentially Notre Dame distant thirds.
Do not overlook Texas A&M, they bring everybody back!

Reaction Score
Do not overlook Texas A&M, they bring everybody back!
I haven't watched A&M enough to say. They gave Notre Dame a run, but I don't know if they have enough of a complete team to really compete. I also forgot UConn, who won't dominate next year, but will probably still be a top 4 team depending on chemistry, emergence of williams and walker, etc.

Reaction Score
I haven't watched A&M enough to say. They gave Notre Dame a run, but I don't know if they have enough of a complete team to really compete. I also forgot UConn, who won't dominate next year, but will probably still be a top 4 team depending on chemistry, emergence of williams and walker, etc.
They have a Mega Star that can dominate any game. Mega star, great coach, returning everybody on top 20 team, to me that spells success. I think Texas A&M is a sleeper but they could be wide awake come next year. They are in the SEC and I believe the SEC will be really tough next, look out for Aggies!

Reaction Score
Might wanna wait til after transfer season to see who’s left to play with Chennedy.
Backup G Jada Walton, who started for Carter in the SEC tourney, just announced she will transfer. I suspect that’s more about Wilson coming back from injury and our only recruit being a PG than not wanting to play with Carter.

Reaction Score
Drop the Lady — they’re not about that nonsense in Eugene.

If that usage became general it could lead to some oxymoronic results, like:

Fairfield Lady Stags

Fordham Lady Rams

South Florida Lady Bulls

etc.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Stanford is loaded.
Agreed. They lose Smith but they get Fingall back and all their other players this year have a lot of upside. They’ll be a rival to Oregon even without major contributions from their very good recruiting class.

Oregon State will also be very good. Their only backcourt loss is McWilliams but they’re still loaded at guard with Pivec, Slocum, Tudor and Goodman. Their interior play will be miles better than it was this year.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Glad to haer about Sabrina. I wish Azura had returned for us. I think we would be having a totally different conversation right now.

Reaction Score
Queen Egbo will probably be the first option to replace Brown.
Smith is a little more flexible and can play the 4 or 5. Or mulkey may play all three at the same time like she does now with Brown
Mulkey takes great stock in defense. I don't know if Smith can guard the perimeter. Against the right match ups possibly but Smith is better at the four both on offense and defense. Her offense is predicated on hitting the boards and on put backs. They will certainly miss the attention that Brown gets by defenders and that should affect how the other players fit in. I think it will affect Smiths usual open lane to the offensive boards more than any other player.

Reaction Score
I figured that Sabrina would be back when they came up short in the Final Four. Another year of her playing will be good for Oregon and women's basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom