Saban, Belichick, Carroll.....Geno??? | The Boneyard

Saban, Belichick, Carroll.....Geno???

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Good stuff.

“There's going to come a time when I'm not going to jump off the bench and be pissed off at something like I was tonight, nonstop, about some of the stuff that we were doing and it was killing me,” Auriemma said after the Huskies’ 85-41 victory over Providence. “I guess that either drives you out, like, ‘I don't want to put up with this anymore,’ and I'm sure there's probably days when all of us go, ‘That's it, I can't do this anymore.’”

Auriemma cut himself off with laughter. “That passes,” he said, continuing, “and then I can’t wait to get ready.”

Reaction Score
The portal in Men's College Athletics is out of control and making it impossible for football coaches specifically. Saban is old and the recent changes have soured the game for him and it simply isn't worth it anymore. The portal is exciting but without significant boundaries it has the potential to really damage the college football game as we know it.

Right now buying players is more of male sport issue but you are seeing it enter into the women's game too. I know a lot of people on here hated to think money was a factor is some player moves but in a sport where there is no big money, millions get the players attention.

Reaction Score
The portal in Men's College Athletics is out of control and making it impossible for football coaches specifically. Saban is old and the recent changes have soured the game for him and it simply isn't worth it anymore. The portal is exciting but without significant boundaries it has the potential to really damage the college football game as we know it.

Right now buying players is more of male sport issue but you are seeing it enter into the women's game too. I know a lot of people on here hated to think money was a factor is some player moves but in a sport where there is no big money, millions get the players attention.
I always thought that unrestricted money was the factor that was going to damage the sport perhaps inalterably. I'm sure I wasn't the one who thought that the reason for the transfers over the summer was not simply about coaching. The problem isn't money as in just paying players, the problem is the two headed monster of NIL and the transfer portal at the same time and an NCAA that has basically abdicated its authority and oversight function. So it's all up for grabs and the bigger the slush (NIL) fund the better the team and the players it can buy as this plays itself out into the future.

I heard on the radio today as there was speculation about who is replacing Saban that it would be a step down now to go from coaching college football at Texas to Alabama. The reason- the fund at Texas is through the roof and Bama , despite its rabid fan base, can't match the Longhorns'. Is that what we want? Do we want the quality of the players on a women's college basketball team to be a function of the wealth of the alumni?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom