S. Robinson Signs in Chile | The Boneyard

S. Robinson Signs in Chile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm happy for him. Sticks was beast mode in the 2009 final four run. He probably would've been a top 15-20 pick had he declared early.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Probably athletic enough to make it, but he definitely won't be an elite athlete there.
You're missing the historical reference! Boneyard lore.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
You're missing the historical reference! Boneyard lore.
You mean how one of the Boneyard regulars steadfastly argued that Sticks wouldn't be an elite athlete in the NBA because he wasn't even an elite college athlete? And I'm saying he won't be an elite athlete in Chile?

Reaction Score
You mean how one of the Boneyard regulars steadfastly argued that Sticks wouldn't be an elite athlete in the NBA because he wasn't even an elite college athlete? And I'm saying he won't be an elite athlete in Chile?
I think his actual argument was that Sticks wasn't athletic enough to play in the Big East.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think his actual argument was that Sticks wasn't athletic enough to play in the Big East.
Correct Hooper!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Chile is a nice place to live these days.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Correct Hooper!
Interesting, I remember a lot of references to elite athlete as part of it. As in everyone said Sticks was an elite athlete and the counter argument was he wasn't a good enough athlete to compete at a high level.

mets1090

Reaction Score
MJ had a tremendous dunk in a loss to Indiana at the Civic Center.

I still get crap on here for my comment years ago that Stanley Robinson was not a great athlete by Big East standards. And he wasn't, but Marcus Johnson was.

Johnson self-selected out, and I was disappointed to see that. I think he would have taken Sticks job if he put in the work, but he didn't seem to want to.
There's a post from the man himself 3 years ago lol. This is how I remember it every time it comes up. He said he wasn't a great/elite athlete for the Big East, not that he wasn't athletic enough to play in the Big East. That's what I was referencing. Semantics, but whatever, you guys started it!

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
There's a post from the man himself 3 years ago lol. This is how I remember it every time it comes up. He said he wasn't a great/elite athlete for the Big East, not that he wasn't athletic enough to play in the Big East. That's what I was referencing. Semantics, but whatever, you guys started it!

That second quote is through the WaylonSmithers filter... what he said was that Robison wasn't athletic enough for the Big East....

But I guess you hate America and think Calhoun sucked (that's a little Nelson flavor)

Reaction Score
As in the words of Lenny Elmore: "GO GET IT STANLEY!"

Reaction Score
In my brain Stanley is compartmentalized with going to the Danbury Fair, endless summer days, and our first puppy - things that make me smile ear to ear when I think about them - I think high flying Stan will do great in the mountains of Chile. - Arriba, Arriba!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom