S.I.'s Rankings Mean Season Opener is #1 vs. #2 (3 AA's, too) | The Boneyard

S.I.'s Rankings Mean Season Opener is #1 vs. #2 (3 AA's, too)

Reaction Score
Sports Illustrated's preseason rankings are out. They have Stanford at #2, which makes the Huskies season opener a 1 vs 2 match-up. SI also has 3 Huskies on their preseason AA list -- Lou, Pheesha and Gabby, of course. Joining them are Aja and Kelsey.
1. UConn 2. Stanford 3. Texas 4. Louisville 5. Miss. St. 6. Ohio State. 7. ND 8. Baylor 9.Duke 10. SC
Can't say I agree with those rankings... Stanford and Louisville are too high, IMHO. Baylor and SC probably too low, though Baylor's schedule will again make it difficult to tell how good they are.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Sports Illustrated's preseason rankings are out. They have Stanford at #2, which makes the Huskies season opener a 1 vs 2 match-up. SI also has 3 Huskies on their preseason AA list -- Lou, Pheesha and Gabby, of course. Joining them are Aja and Kelsey.
1. UConn 2. Stanford 3. Texas 4. Louisville 5. Miss. St. 6. Ohio State. 7. ND 8. Baylor 9.Duke 10. SC
Can't say I agree with those rankings... Stanford and Louisville are too high, IMHO. Baylor and SC probably too low, though Baylor's schedule will again make it difficult to tell how good they are.
Maybe #1 vs #2 coaching matchup, but not teams.

Reaction Score

SC and Dawn don't need any more incentive to get up for one through nine, but I'll wait until after our opener to criticize.

Reaction Score
Westbrook could be right. I imagine that she will get considerable more playing time then Walker. But Walker has a much, much better chance in winning a National Championship. My guess that MS Walker would like the National Championship better then FOY award.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The UT boards are talking up how good their incoming class is, and rightly so. But to envision immediate success with a group of freshman as your vanguard is a fools bet and rarely if ever works in WCBB. If history is any indicator it says they will fail early, have a late charge and get crushed in the 2nd round of the NCAA's. Some learn well from their first years lessons and some teams don't. If these players don't see improvement or success in their 2nd year knowing today climate, expect backbiting and transfers.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Baylor at 8 is probably too low, but starting at 8 seems about right. If we reach the E8 we will have reached our potential.

I would not be surprised to see freshman Morris be the second leading scorer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom