Ryan Van Demark | The Boneyard

Ryan Van Demark

Reaction Score

Thought this deserved its own thread. I’ve loved watching Van Demark develop over the past three years. He has performed well as a relatively skinny tackle at this level. That speaks to his natural ability. He has been getting thicker, but his frame still has room to develop even more. I expect good things in 2020, both from his play and his leadership on and off the field. If his development continues on the arc it has, he is going to get a chance to play on Sundays.

Discuss.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The last several years, this has been the best part of the season when hope is reborn as we search for heroes. Maybe this year we find enough of them.

Reaction Score
The last several years, this has been the best part of the season when hope is reborn as we search for heroes. Maybe this year we find enough of them.

Not with the current head coach we won’t.

With that said I have always been a big fan of Van Denmark. Great footwork. Glad to see him getting some recognition.

Reaction Score
I’m liking the positive energy Van Demark exhibits! Sounds like he’s stepped up to a leadership role and is having fun during workouts and practices. I also expect good things from his play and hope he keeps progressing.. it would be great to see him at the next level along with Peart.

Reaction Score
We were set to have another very good experienced OL this year. How did Edsall screw it up?

Reaction Score
You put your ballet dancer a LT and your bigger, stronger guy at RT. That's because the best pass rush (which is often a speed rusher) is usually at RDE. Ryan was more suited to playing the more athletic RDE. Peart was a better match up for the power (right) side of the offensive line. It actually made good sense.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Can we put the Randy Quaid in Major League impersonations aside, at least until the first three and out?

You will have plenty of opportunity to dump on Randy this fall. He isn't going anywhere right now.

Reaction Score
You put your ballet dancer a LT and your bigger, stronger guy at RT. That's because the best pass rush (which is often a speed rusher) is usually at RDE. Ryan was more suited to playing the more athletic RDE. Peart was a better match up for the power (right) side of the offensive line. It actually made good sense.
Agree... we were lucky to have them. I had very high hopes for the OL, and for the most part, they were ok. For some unknown reason they didn’t have a guaranteed 1yd gain in the playbook.

Reaction Score
Agree... we were lucky to have them. I had very high hopes for the OL, and for the most part, they were ok. For some unknown reason they didn’t have a guaranteed 1yd gain in the playbook.
This year instead of shot gun and running back 8 yards deep how about under center where more options and quicker movements so opponents aren't 3 yards into the backfield before the hand off.

Reaction Score

LT protects the QBs blind side. Reverse it if you have a left handed QB.

Reaction Score
This year instead of shot gun and running back 8 yards deep how about under center where more options and quicker movements so opponents aren't 3 yards into the backfield before the hand off.
We routinely violate the most basic principles of short yardage tactics. We go wide, use deep hand-offs, dont use a full back, use run reads...all incredibly stupid stuff.

Reaction Score

Thought this deserved its own thread. I’ve loved watching Van Demark develop over the past three years. He has performed well as a relatively skinny tackle at this level. That speaks to his natural ability. He has been getting thicker, but his frame still has room to develop even more. I expect good things in 2020, both from his play and his leadership on and off the field. If his development continues on the arc it has, he is going to get a chance to play on Sundays.

Discuss.

Was this guy Diaco’s best recruit? Or was it Matt Peart?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
TBD. After senior year. He brought in a QB transfer from NCST that fans respected.
Sheriffs was really good his senior year. Peart though started from Day 1 and has a chance to go really high in the draft. All the other high draft picks post REv1 were Pasqualoni recruits - Andrew Adams, Obi Melonfonyu, Foley Fatukosi, etc.

Reaction Score
Sheriffs was really good his senior year. Peart though started from Day 1 and has a chance to go really high in the draft. All the other high draft picks post REv1 were Pasqualoni recruits - Andrew Adams, Obi Melonfonyu, Foley Fatukosi, etc.
Adams may even had committed just before Randy left? Edsall also got Adrian Amos to commit but went to Penn State after he left.
Went on to play in the NFL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom