Ryan Van Demark to the Indianapolis Colts as an UDFA. | The Boneyard

Ryan Van Demark to the Indianapolis Colts as an UDFA.

Reaction Score

-> That’s a pretty significant signing bonus and the fact that it’s fully guaranteed means Van Demark has a good chance to make the roster. If he doesn’t, it’s highly likely the Colts would make sure he gets to the practice squad.

Van Demark had a strong pro day in front of a number of teams and the Colts have been among the organizations he visited during the pre-draft process.

Van Demark checks a lot of the boxes that the Colts have historically liked in their offensive tackles.

The senior out of Connecticut was a team captain for the Huskies in 2022. Those are two boxes the Colts like to see. He also measured in at 6-foot-6 and 307 pounds with 35 1/2-inch arms. Check, check and check.

He also spent his last three seasons at UConn playing left tackle as the starter, which shows that may be more of his natural position.

What’s also intriguing about Van Demark, who is expected to be drafted on Day 3, is his athletic profile. The fact that he posted a 4.5 in the short shuttle drill bodes well for his ability to reach his ceiling. <-

Reaction Score
Indy's been a familiar landing spot for UConn FB players. Best wishes to him.
$175K signing bonus..teams don’t throw money around. I would expect him to be minimum practice squad.

Practice squad so big now it is like the old juco draft and follow kids

Reaction Score
At his best, Van Denmark showed he was one of the very best left tackles in the country. Long arms, agile, great knee bend. I have no idea what happened last year but you can’t teach those skills. I think with nfl coaching, he can be a starter, I truly believe that.

Reaction Score
I wonder how he gets that kind of guarantee, but doesn’t get drafted. That doesn’t make sense to me. I want his agent.

I am assuming he was in the 6th round draft range on a ton of boards, but just didn’t get picked for whatever reason. When they saw his grade not picked, bidding war ensures. Sometimes better not to be drafted late. He gets to pick his spot and got his cash.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom